The Council is responsible to its Citizens for the proper discharge of all of its functions and for the delivery of such services as it is responsible for. The Council may delegate responsibility to another Committee, Sub Committee or body.
The Council will keep under review the running of the Council’s affairs, adopt the Council’s Constitution, Codes of Conduct and Protocols for Officers and Members; appoint the Mayor, Deputy Mayor, Chairman, Vice Chairman and Committee and Sub Committee Members, and agree their terms of reference; determine local choice functions, consider matters referred to it by another body of the Council; approve the Members Allowance Scheme, approve boundary changes.
- Audit and Governance Committee
- Audit and Governance Standards Hearing Sub-Committee
- Cheshire East Health and Wellbeing Board
- Community Governance Review Sub-Committee
- Constitution Committee
- Constitution Sub-Committee
- Investigation and Disciplinary Committee
The Cabinet carries out those duties and responsibilities which are not the responsibility of any other part of the Council. Some of the Cabinet’s responsibilities are ’local choice’ functions, which the Council has chosen to delegate to it, and others are the responsibility of the Cabinet because the law says so. The Cabinet consists of the Leader of the Council and nine other Councillors.
- Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care and Integration
- Cabinet Member for Children and Families
- Cabinet Member for Corporate Policy and Legal Services
- Cabinet Member for Environment
- Cabinet Member for Finance and Communication
- Cabinet Member for Health
- Cabinet Member for Housing, Planning and Regeneration
- Joint Extra Care Housing Management Board
- School Organisation Sub-Committee
- Shared Services Joint Committee
The Council has established an effective, robust and constructive overview and scrutiny function comprising three Committees. The role of scrutiny is to hold the Cabinet and others to account in discharging their functions, including developing and reviewing the major plans policies and strategies of the Council, the specific review of the Council’s organisation and service delivery, and the review of health service provision.
- Children and Families Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- Corporate Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- Environment and Regeneration Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- Health and Adult Social Care and Communities Overview and Scrutiny Committee
The Council will appoint to such Committees as it considers are needed to exercise any of its functions and take those decisions which are not the responsibility of the Cabinet.
- Appeals Sub-Committee
- Local Authority School Governor Nomination Panel
- Members' Code of Conduct Appeals Panel
- Members' Code of Conduct Hearings Sub-Committee
- Public Rights of Way Committee
- Staffing Appeals Sub Committee
- Staffing Committee
- Bus Lane Adjudication Service Joint Committee
- Cheshire and Warrington Local Transport Body
- Cheshire East Countryside Access Forum
- Cheshire Police and Crime Panel
- Corporate Parenting Committee
- PATROL Adjudication Joint Committee