The Council is responsible to its Citizens for the proper discharge of all of its functions and for the delivery of such services as it is responsible for. The Council may delegate responsibility to another Committee, Sub Committee or body.
The Council will keep under review the running of the Council’s affairs, adopt the Council’s Constitution, Codes of Conduct and Protocols for Officers and Members; appoint the Mayor, Deputy Mayor, Chairman, Vice Chairman and Committee and Sub Committee Members, and agree their terms of reference; determine local choice functions, consider matters referred to it by another body of the Council; approve the Members Allowance Scheme, approve boundary changes.
- Audit and Governance Committee
- Civic Sub-Committee
- Community Governance Review Sub-Committee
- Constitution Committee
- Health and Wellbeing Board
- Local Service Delivery Committee (Macclesfield)
- Outside Organisations Sub-Committee
The Cabinet carries out those duties and responsibilities which are not the responsibility of any other part of the Council. Some of the Cabinet’s responsibilities are ’local choice’ functions, which the Council has chosen to delegate to it, and others are the responsibility of the Cabinet because the law says so. The Cabinet consists of the Leader of the Council and nine other Councillors.
Each Portfolio Holder has their own accountabilities but they are all responsible for providing leadership; contributing to the setting of the strategic agenda and work programme; representing their portfolio to the media; for reporting and being accountable to the Leader of the Council, the full Cabinet and to the Chairman of Corporate Scrutiny; for participation in Cabinet meetings and collective decision making and being committed to the values of the Council and the values in public office.
The Housing and Jobs Portfolio Holder is responsible for ensuring the sustainable delivery of the jobs, housing and growth that the borough needs in order to put residents first. The Portfolio Holder is e responsible for ensuring partners, including Town and Parish Councils and local residents, are kept informed and are involved throughout the delivery of the local plan, and of all housing and development work across the Borough.
- Cabinet Member for Care and Health in the Community
- Cabinet Member for Finance
- Cabinet Member for Governance
- Cabinet Member for Localism and Enforcement
- Cabinet Member for Performance
- Cabinet Member for Safeguarding Children and Adults
- Cabinet Member for Service Commissioning
- Cabinet Member for Strategic Outcomes
- Joint Extra Care Housing Management Board
- School Organisation Sub-Committee
- Shared Services Joint Committee
The Council has established an effective, robust and constructive overview and scrutiny function comprising three Committees. The role of scrutiny is to hold the Cabinet and others to account in discharging their functions, including developing and reviewing the major plans policies and strategies of the Council, the specific review of the Council’s organisation and service delivery, and the review of health service provision.
- Children, Families and Adult Safeguarding Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- Communities Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- Corporate Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- Health and Adult Social Care Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- Jobs, Regeneration and Assets Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- New Delivery Vehicles and Environment Overview and Scrutiny Committee
The Council will appoint to such Committees as it considers are needed to exercise any of its functions and take those decisions which are not the responsibility of the Cabinet.
- Appeals Sub-Committee
- Lay Members Appointments Committee
- Local Authority School Governor Appointments Panel
- Members' Code of Conduct Appeals Panel
- Members' Code of Conduct Hearings Sub-Committee
- Members' Code of Conduct Local Resolution Panel
- Parliamentary Constituency Boundaries Review Sub-Committee
- Polling Arrangements Review Sub-Committee
- Public Rights of Way Committee
- Staffing Appeals Sub Committee
- Staffing Committee
- Staffing Sub Committee
- Bus Lane Adjudication Service Joint Committee Agenda
- Cheshire and Warrington Local Transport Body
- Cheshire East Local Access Forum
- Cheshire Local Access Forum
- PATROL Adjudication Joint Committee