Northern Planning Committee
Purpose of committee
1. To exercise the Council’s functions relating to town & country planning & devlopment control, the protection of important hedgerows, the preservation of trees and the regulation of high hedges, set out in the Local Authorities (Functions & Responsibilities)(England) Regulations 2000. Some applications have been reserved to the Strategic Planning Board: others are delegated on to the Head of Policy & Planning: the following are retained for the Planning Committees,
- applications for Small Scale Major Development, defined from time to time by DCLG. Currently this includes
- residential developments of 20-199 dwellings or between 1ha – 4ha
- retail or commercial/industrial or other floorspace of between 5,000 -9,999 square metres. or between 2ha – 4ha.
2. To determine any other planning & development control matters
· advertised as a departure from policy, which the Head of Planning & Policy is minded to approve.
· submitted by a councillor, senior Council officer (tier 2 or above) or a member of staff employed within the Development Management and Policy service area; or by an immediate family member or partner of these in those cases where there have been objections.
· involving the Council either as applicant or land owner. Unless the Head of Planning & Policy identifies some significant factor, this category will not normally include minor developments which accord with planning policy and to which no objection has been made.
· referred up to them by a councillor in accordance with the Committees` call-in procedure.
· referred up to them at the discretion of the Head of Planning & Policy.
The Committees will refer up to the Strategic Planning Board matters involving a significant departure from policy which they are minded to approve.
- Councillor George Walton (Chairman)
- Councillor Craig Browne (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Chris Andrew
- Councillor Michael Beanland
- Councillor Ellie Brooks
- Councillor Toni Fox
- Councillor Stewart Gardiner
- Councillor Sam Gardner
- Councillor Martin Hardy
- Councillor Alift Harewood
- Councillor George Hayes
- Councillor Olivia Hunter
- Councillor Laura Jeuda
- Councillor Jamie Macrae
- Councillor Nick Mannion
Support officer: Gaynor Hawthornthwaite. Democratic Services Officer
Cheshire East Council
Phone: 01270 686467
Fax: 01270 529891