Purpose of committee
The Licensing Committees are responsible for matters relating to the administration of licences which are determinable by the Council, including the delegation of functional responsibility to individual officers for determination of any application for Consents, Licences, Certificates, Permits, Registrations or the like.
- To hear and determine appeals against any decisions of Officers in relation to the grant, renewal, transfer, variation, refusal, revocation, suspension or imposition of condition in accordance with the Council’s licensing procedure.
- The discharge of the Council’s functions under section 13(2) the Criminal Justice and Police Act 2001
- The discharge of the Council’s functions under secrtion 16 the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006.
Some functions of the Licensing Committee are delegated to its Sub-Committees subject to the proviso that the Chairman or Vice Chairman of the full Committee may refer a matter up from the Sub Committee to the full Committee where that matter is significant or controversial in nature.
- Councillor Stan Davies (Chairman)
- Councillor Derek Bebbington (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Ellie Brooks
- Councillor Clair Chapman
- Councillor Martin Deakin
- Councillor Beverley Dooley
- Councillor Irene Faseyi
- Councillor Martin Hardy
- Councillor Alift Harewood
- Councillor Michael Parsons
- Councillor Lesley Smetham
- Councillor Gail Wait
- Councillor Liz Wardlaw
- Councillor Mick Warren
- Councillor John Wray
Support officer: Julie Zientek. Democratic Services Officer
Phone: 01270 686466