1 The Economy and Growth Committee will be responsible for developing policies and making decisions on matters relating to delivering inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
2 The Committee’s responsibilities include:
· determination of policies and making of decisions in relation to housing management and delivery;
· determination of policies and making of decisions in relation to economic development, regeneration, skills and growth;
· development and delivery of the Council’s estates, land and physical assets policies;
· determination of policies and making decisions in relation to the rural and cultural economy;
· compulsory purchase of land to support the delivery of schemes and projects promoted by the Committee;
3 Oversight, scrutiny, reviewing outcomes, performance, budget monitoring and risk management of the Directorate of Growth and Enterprise (with the exception of land and property functions) including: Facilities Management; Assets; Farms; Economic Development; Housing; Rural and Cultural Management; Tatton Park; Public Rights of Way; Cultural Economy; Countryside; and the Visitor Economy.
To view the committee’s current work programme click here.
Support officer: Rachel Graves. Tel: 01270 686473 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 01270 686473