1 The Highways and Transport Committee shall be responsible for developing policies and making decisions on matters relating to highways and transport as they affect the area of the Council taking into account regional and national influences.
2 The Committee’s responsibilities include:
· formulation, co-ordination and implementation of corporate policies and strategies in connection with all car parking, transport and accessibility matters;
· determination of any matter affecting the Council’s interests in relation to national infrastructure matters, for example HS2, Northern Powerhouse Rail and the National Road Network;
· discharge of the Council’s responsibilities as Highway Authority, including, but not limited to, highway adoption, highway maintenance, road safety, network management, flooding and street lighting;
· determination of policies and making decisions in relation to flooding and accessibility, in co-ordination with the Scrutiny Committee;
· compulsory purchase of land to support the delivery of schemes and projects promoted by the Committee;
3 Oversight, scrutiny, reviewing outcomes, performance, budget monitoring and risk management of the Directorate of Highways and Infrastructure including: Transport Policy; Transport Commissioning; Car-parking; Highways; Infrastructure and HS2.
To view the committee’s current work programme click here.
Support officer: Nikki Bishop. Tel: 01270 686462 Email: email@example.com
Phone: Tel: 01270 686462