Venue: The Capesthorne Room - Town Hall, Macclesfield SK10 1EA. View directions
Contact: Jennifer Ashley Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: To register to speak on an application please email Speakingatplanning@cheshireeast.gov.uk
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor A Critchley, Councillor K Edwards and Councillor T Jackson.
Declarations of Interest/Pre Determination
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests and for Members to declare if they have a pre-determination in respect of any item on the agenda.
In the interest of openness the following declarations were made:
Councillor Wilson declared that in relation to application 19/0623M she was a member of the Economy and Growth Service Committee that had recently made a decision on the same application. Councillor Wilson stepped down from the meeting and did not take part in any discussions or decision on the application.
Councillor Gardiner declared that in relation to application 19/0623M he was a former Planning Agent for part of the site. As this was a number of years ago, he remained in the meeting and took part in the discussion and vote.
To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 26 July 2023 as a correct record.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 26 July 2023 be approved as a correct record subject to clarification that Councillor D Edwardes declared an interest in application 21/4113M.
A total period of 5 minutes is allocated for each of the planning applications for the following:
· Ward Councillors who are not members of the Strategic Planning Board
· The relevant Town/Parish Council
A period of 3 minutes is allocated for each of the planning applications for the following individuals/groups:
· Members who are not members of the Strategic Planning Board and are not the Ward Member
The public speaking procedure was noted.
23/2054C - UNIT 1, VIKING WAY, CONGLETON, CW12 1TT - Reserved matters approval for 19/5596C: Outline planning application with all matters reserved except for the principal means of access for the erection of a residential development (Use Class C3), employment and commercial floorspace (Use Classes B1/B2/B8/C1/D2) and a local centre (Use Classes A1/A2/A3/A4/A5/D1) with associated landscaping, drainage and other infrastructure PDF 608 KB
To consider the above application.
Consideration was given to the above planning application.
The following attended the meeting and spoke on the application;
Alice Routledge – Asteer Planning.
For the reasons set out in the report and update report, the application be delegated to the Head of Planning to APPROVE subject to the satisfactory receipt of a bat survey and any mitigation required to deal with the proposed removal of a tree (T59) on site and subject to the following conditions;
1. Approved plans
2. Construction of access in accordance with submitted plan
3. Safeguarding nesting birds
4. Details of safety fencing around SUDS ponds to be approved
5. Facing materials for the food store to be submitted and approved
6. Paving around the frontage of the food store to be submitted and approved
7. Approval of lighting
8. Submission of a Construction Management Plan
9. Implementation of landscaping
10.Submission of a Landscape Management Plan
11.Arboricultural Impact Assessment (AIA) / Arboricultural Method Statement (AMS) be updated accordingly
· EP Standard informs
In the event of any changes being needed to the wording of the Committee’s decision (such as to delete, vary or add conditions/informatives/planning obligations or reasons for approval/refusal) prior to the decision being issued, the Head of Planning has delegated authority to do so in consultation with the Chairman of the Strategic Planning Board, provided that the changes do not exceed the substantive nature of the Committee’s decision.
To consider the attached report.
Consideration was given to the update report in relation to the Section 106 Agreement for the above planning application which was approved by the Strategic Planning Board on 13 January 2023.
That for the reasons set out in the report and update report the Strategic Planning Board;
1. Submission of Reserved Matters- 15 years
2. Approval of Reserved Matters- All reserved
3. Approved Plans – Location and parameter plans
4. Approve Accommodation Schedule
5. Compliance with mitigation set out in Environmental Statement (and Amendment)
6. No occupation until IPIW approved in Full are substantially complete
7. Approval of Phasing Plans
8. Development to comply with housing densities identified in the Fixed Parameters Land Use Plan
9. Compliance with Public Rights of Way and 20-Year Walking Route Code
10. Approval of signage for pedestrians and cyclists, to include timings
11. Programme of archaeological work to be agreed
12. No works on the main development site to take place within 100m of the Diary House Farm (Listed Building) site prior to the completion of the stabilisation/repair works
13. Future development of the designs for the site, coding and development going forward, must adhere to the Heritage Design principles and Fixed Parameters: Heritage Plan
14. All Reserved Matters application to be supported by an Arboricultural Impact Assessment
15. Management plan for works for trees identified as being or having the potential to be a veteran tree
16. Landscaping for each phase to be approved
17. Boundary treatment for each phase to be approved
19. Landscape implementation
20. Submission of Habitat Creation and Landscape and Habitat Management Plan for areas within building parcels and outside of strategic green infrastructure
21. Submission of detailed designs including proposed locations for the proposed on-site wildlife ponds.
22. Measures for safeguarding the retained ecological habitats across the site during the construction and demolition process (if not deleted)
23. Bird Nesting Season
24. Provision of proposals for the interpretation of the retained Local Wildlife Site
25. Updated protected species surveys and mitigation method statements and biodiversity metrix calculations prior to commencement for each phase.
26. Method Statement of Amphibian Reasonable Avoidance Measures for that approved phase
27. Approval of Lighting Scheme for each phase
28. Detailed proposals of compensatory hedgerow planting to be provided to address impacts of any hedgerow lost to the scheme.
29. Proposals for the management of public access into the retained Local Wildlife Site
30. Agreement of scheme entered into Great Crested District Level Licence Scheme
31. Incorporation of features to enhance biodiversity
32. Phase II Ground Investigations and Risk Assessments for each phase
33. Verification Report required for each phase
34. Approval of a proposal for restricted access from footpaths in the open space and ecological ... view the full minutes text for item 12.