Venue: Virtual Meeting
Contact: Sarah Baxter Tel: 01270 686462 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Meeting Recording
Apologies for Absence
To receive any apologies for absence.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors A Critchley and D Jefferay.
Declarations of Interest/Pre Determination
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests and for Members to declare if they have a pre-determination in respect of any item on the agenda.
In the interest of openness in respect of application 20/0246M, Councillor M Hunter declared that he was a non-Executive Director of ANSA who were a consultee on the application, however he had not discussed the application or made any comments on it.
In the interest of openness in respect of application 20/0246M, Councillor S Edgar declared that he was the Chairman of the Public Rights of Way Committee, however he had not discussed the application or made any comments on it or been consulted on it.
In the interest of openness in respect of application 20/0246M, Councillor S Hogben declared that he was a non-Executive Director of ANSA who were a consultee on the application, however he had not discussed the application or made any comments on it.
In the interest of openness in respect of application 20/0246M, Councillor S Gardiner declared that in his work he was involved with Barratt and David Wilson Homes but had no involvement in the application.
In the interest of openness in respect of agenda item 6, Performance of the Planning Enforcement Service 2019-2020, Councillor S Gardiner declared that many years ago one of the sites referred to was adjacent to a site he was acting on behalf of the owners for.
In the interest of openness in respect of application 20/0246M, Councillor R Moreton declared that the Councillor M Warren who was speaking on the application was a Member of the same political group, however he had not discussed the application with him.
It was noted that Members had been sent correspondence in respect of application 20/0246M.
To approve the minutes of the previous virtual meeting held on 24 June 2020 as a correct record.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 24 June 2020 be approved as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
Public Speaking-Virtual Meetings
A total period of 5 minutes is allocated for each of the planning applications for the following:
· Ward Councillors who are not members of the Strategic Planning Board
· The relevant Town/Parish Council
A period of 3 minutes is allocated for each of the planning applications for the following individuals/groups:
· Members who are not members of the Strategic Planning Board and are not the Ward Member
That the public speaking procedure be noted.
20/0246M-Approval of reserved matters, Appearance, Landscaping, Layout & Scale on outline planning app 15/4287M, for partial change of use and partial demolition of existing buildings and structures, including the change of use of Fence House into 27 apartments, and erection of 273 dwellings, landscaping, supporting infrastructure and means of access, The Kings School, Fence Avenue, Macclesfield for Mr Andrew Taylor, Barratt & David Wilson Homes North West and Homes PDF 748 KB
To consider the above application.
Consideration was given to the above application.
(Councillor M Warren, the Ward Councillor, Town Councillor Fiona Wilson, representing Macclesfield Town Council and Andrew Taylor, the agent for the applicant attended the virtual meeting and spoke in respect of the application).
That the application be delegated to the Head of Planning, in consultation with the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Strategic Planning Board, to approve subject to:-
(i) receipt of a satisfactory bat survey and, if appropriate, mitigation recommendations, and
(ii) the following conditions:-
1. Time Limit
2. Development in accord with approved plans
3. Remediation Strategy Approval
4. The development hereby approved shall be carried out in accordance with the Affordable housing statement received 04.03.2020
5. Archaeological written scheme of investigation which has been submitted by the applicant and approved in writing by the local planning authority
6. Details of the reservation, storage and re-use of site soils
7. Details of levels along gravel perimeter path, details of vehicular maintenance access to SUDs area, details of regrading and contouring of the area between main Avenue, the LEAP and the canal
8. Details of Hard Landscaping for the Green Street including street furniture, planters, sculptural screens, benches and bins
9. Details of all Boundary Treatments including Fence Avenue Frontage
10.Details of Soft Landscaping (softworks ornamental planting, swales, gravel footpath, Green Street and swales
11. Site soils management plan
12. Updated final Landscape Masterplan to be submitted to include all amendments and details of landscaping located to the rear of plots 293-300
13. Landscape Phasing Plan to be submitted
14.Landscape and Habitat Management Plan to include 25 year management plan for species rich grassland area
15. Landscaping details of earthworks
16. Surface materials (including social spaces) Samples to be approved prior to commencement of construction
17. Materials (Roof and Elevational) Samples to be approved prior to commencement of construction
18. Details of cycle storage for apartments and dwellings without garages
19. Details of bin storage (required at outline stage however full details not submitted)
20. Provision of features for bats and nesting birds
21 Updated badger mitigation strategy to be submitted to include proposals to mitigate the loss of the Badger Nest identified in the January 2020 Phase One Habitat Survey
22. Nesting bird survey
23. Details of lighting to be submitted prior to installation
24. The proposed development to proceed in accordance with the recommendations to safeguard Brown Hare detailed in paragraph 5.26 of the submitted Phase One Habitat Survey prepared by CES dated January 2020
25. Submission of a method statement for the creation of species rich grassland informed by the results of soil testing
26. Safeguarding of nesting birds
27. Implementation of protective fencing measures proposed by arb impact assessment
28. Tree protection
29 Construction Specification/Method Statement 1 – Trees
30. Construction Specification/Method Statement 2 – Trees
31. Site supervision - Trees
32. Access available for use before occupation
In the event of any changes being needed to the wording of the Board's decision (such as to ... view the full minutes text for item 12.
To consider the above report.
Consideration was given to the above report.
(Councillors L Gilbert and A Kolker attended the virtual meeting and spoke in respect of the application).
That the report be noted.
To consider the above report.
Consideration was given to the above report.
Members made the following comments:-
(i) In respect of paragraph 5.16 of the document the text should be clarified to refer to a single person or two persons;
(ii) All bedrooms should have at least one opening window;
(iii) In respect of paragraph 5.22 of the document it should be amended to read as follows ‘any proposed parking must not result in the loss of front gardens and/or boundary walls’;
(iv) In terms of Section 6 of the Licensing and Management document, could the Council consider licensing HMO’s that accommodate less than five people;
(v) The Council must have the ability to enforce the guidance particularly the signage aspect;
(vi) The document was overly restrictive, applying to areas where it wasn’t necessary;
(vii) That the Council consider the inclusion of guidance with regard to the provision of sound insulation measures internally when assessing proposals for HMO’s.
Members of the Board were advised that if approved by the Council’s Portfolio Holder, the draft Supplementary Planning Document would be subject to six weeks public consultation, the precise method of consultation would take place in accordance with relevant legislation and the adopted Statement of Community Involvement in place at that time.
(1) That the Portfolio Holder for Planning, be recommended to approve the Draft HMO SPD, SEA and EQIA for public consultation for a period of six weeks.
(2) That the comments outlined above be reported to the Portfolio Holder for Planning for her consideration.
(3) That the Portfolio Holder for Planning, be recommended to approve the Draft HMO SPD, SEA and EQIA for public consultation for a period of six weeks.
(4) That the comments outlined above be reported to the Portfolio Holder for Planning for her consideration.