Venue: Committee Suite 2/3 - Westfields, Middlewich Road, Sandbach, CW11 1HZ. View directions
Contact: Julie Zientek Tel: 01270 686466 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment of Chairman
To appoint a Chairman for the meeting.
RESOLVED- That Councillor David Edwardes be appointed Chairman.
Declarations of Interest
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in any item on the agenda and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest.
To consider an application for a Premises Licence by Daniel Humphreys in respect of Poynton Sports Club, London Road, Poynton, Stockport SK12 1AG.
The Sub-Committee considered a report regarding an application by Daniel Humphreys for a premises licence in respect of Poynton Sports Club, London Road, Poynton, Stockport, SK12 1AG.
The following attending the hearing and made representations with respect to the application:
· the applicant; and
· a resident in the vicinity of Poynton Sports Club.
After a full hearing of the application and in accordance with the rules of procedure, the Chairman of the Sub-Committee reported that after taking account of:
· The Secretary of State’s Guidance under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003;
· Cheshire East Borough Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy;
· The report of Environmental Health; and
· All the evidence, including the oral representations made at the meeting and the written representations of interested parties;
The following course of action had been agreed:
That the application for a Premises Licence be granted with conditions attached as prescribed by Environmental Health as follows:
1) The event is held on Saturday 11 July between 10:00-23:00
2) Noise emanating from the premises as a result of regulated entertainment shall not cause a public nuisance.
3) Noise Criteria Limits:
Music noise levels at any residential properties located in the area around Poynton Sports Club
· Shall not exceed 65 dB(A) LAeq over ay 15-minute period, unless otherwise agreed in writing with Environmental Protection officers at least 28 days before the event.
· The unweighted Leq level shall not exceed 70dB in either of the 63Hz or 125Hz octave bands.
· If the octave band level exceeds 70dB on more than 3 occasions during the evening period (7pm-11pm) he bass noise levels shall be actively reduced by 5dB.
If noise levels are recorded over the set noise criteria, the event organiser must comply with all directions provided by the noise control consultants and/or the Licensing Authority to reduce/adjust noise levels to within the set criteria.
4) The licensee shall appoint a suitably qualitied and experienced noise control consultant to the approval of the Licensing Authority. The noise control consultant shall liaise between all parties including the Licensee, Promoter, sound system supplier, sound engineer, licensing authority and Environmental Protection Officers etc. on all matters relating to noise control prior to and during the event.
5) The event organiser shall ensure that the noise consultant is contactable by Cheshire East Environmental Protection Officers at all times during the event and sound checks.
6) The noise consultant shall inform the sound engineer accordingly to enable remedial action to be taken should any problems arise in order to ensure that the noise criteria limits are not exceeded.
7) Pre Event Noise Management Plan
A Noise Management Plan (NMP) shall be agreed in writing with the licensing authority at least 28 days prior to any event taking place.
The NMP shall detail the measure to prevent disturbance to local residents and businesses by way of noise and to ensure that the licensing objective of the prevention of public nuisance is upheld.
The NMP shall detail as a minimum the following (to be agreed with ... view the full minutes text for item 24.