Venue: Committee Suite 1,2 & 3, Westfields, Middlewich Road, Sandbach CW11 1HZ. View directions
Contact: Julie Zientek Tel: 01270 686466 Email: email@example.com
Appointment of Chairman
To appoint a Chairman for the meeting.
RESOLVED – That Councillor D Edwardes be appointed Chairman.
Declarations of Interest
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in any item on the agenda and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
In the interests of openness, Councillor D Edwardes declared that he had attended a function at Owen House Farm.
To consider an application for a Premises Licence by Daniel Morgan in respect of Lady Grey Farm, Lady Lane, Mobberley, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 7NE.
The Sub-Committee considered a report regarding an application for a Premises Licence for Lady Grey Farm, Lady Lane, Mobberley, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 7NE.
A supplementary agenda had been published prior to the meeting. This contained further information which had been submitted by the applicant’s agent and details of conditions which had been agreed between Environmental Health, the applicant and their agent. In addition, two noise impact reports had been received, copies of which were circulated at the meeting following advice from one of the Council’s legal advisors.
The following attended the hearing and made representations with respect to the application:
· two representatives of the Environmental Health Team
· four representatives of the applicant
· six members of the public who had submitted relevant representations
· a representative of nine members of the public who had submitted relevant representations
After a full hearing of the application and in accordance with the rules of procedure, the Chairman of the Sub-Committee reported that, after taking account of:
· The Secretary of State’s Guidance under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003
· Cheshire East Borough Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy
· The four licensing objectives (namely the prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, the prevention of public nuisance, and the protection of children from harm)
· All the evidence, including the oral representations made at the meeting and the written representations of interested parties
the following course of action had been agreed:
RESOLVED - That the application for a premises licence be refused due to inconsistencies which resulted in the Sub-Committee not being satisfied that the licensing objectives of public safety, the prevention of public nuisance and the protection of children from harm have been met.
The Applicant and Parties who had made relevant representations were reminded of their right to appeal this decision to the Magistrates’ Court within 21 days of service of the written notice of the decision.
Note: In the interests of openness, Councillor D Edwardes declared that he knew one of the members of the public who had addressed the meeting.