The Cheshire East Health and Wellbeing Board assumed statutory responsibility from April 2013 and the Health and Social Care Act 2012 and subsequent regulations provide its statutory framework. For the avoidance of doubt, except where specifically disapplied by these Terms of Reference, the Council Procedure Rules, as set out in its Constitution, apply.
The purpose of the Board is to:
To work in partnership to make a positive difference to the health and wellbeing of the residents of Cheshire East through an evidence based focus on improved outcomes and reducing health inequalities.
1. Prepare and keep up to date the Joint Strategic Needs Assessments and Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategies which is a duty of local authorities and clinical commissioning groups.
2. To lead integrated working between the health and social care commissioners, including the provision of advice, assistance or other support to encourage arrangements under section 75 of the National Health Service Act 2006 (i.e. lead commissioning, pooled budgets and/or integrated provision) in connection with the provision of health and social care services.
3. To lead close working between commissioners of health-related services and the board itself.
4. To lead close working between commissioners of health-related services, such as housing and many other local government services, and commissioners of health and social care services
5. Any other functions that may be delegated by the Council under section 196(2) of the Health and Social Care Act 2012. Such delegated functions need not be confined to public health and social care.
6. To provide advice assistance and support for the purpose of encouraging the making of arrangements under section 75 of the National Health Service Act 2006 in connection with the provision of such services.
Full details of the Board’s roles and responsibilities; accountability; membership; meeting arrangements; financial arrangements and code of conduct can be found in the Council’s Constitution elsewhere on this website.
Support officer: Rachel Graves. Tel: 01270 686473 Email: email@example.com
Phone: 01270 686473