Venue: Committee Suite 1,2 & 3, Westfields, Middlewich Road, Sandbach CW11 1HZ. View directions
Contact: Helen Davies Tel: 01270 685705 Email: email@example.com
Appointment of Chair
To appoint a Chair for the meeting.
RESOLVED: That Councillor David Edwardes be appointed as Chair.
Declarations of Interest
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in any item on the agenda and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
In the interests of openness and transparency, Councillor Ian MacFarlane declared that he had visited the Royal Oak Pub and engaged with the staff, although he couldn’t be sure he spoke to the applicant. He did not discuss the application and was not predetermined to hear the application.
Application for a Variation to a Premises Licence at The Royal Oak, 94 Main Road, Worleston, Nantwich, CW5 6DN PDF 614 KB
To consider the above application.
The Sub-Committee considered a report regarding a variation to a Premise Licence, under the Licensing Act 2003 in respect of, The Royal Oak, 94 Main Road, Worleston, Nantwich, CW5 6DN together with objections and support.
The following attending the hearing and made representations with respect to the application:
· The Applicant;
· The Premises Owner; and
· Three residents making relevant representation.
After a full hearing of the application and in accordance with the rules of procedure, the Chairman of the Sub-Committee reported that after taking account of:
· The Secretary of State’s Guidance under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003;
· Cheshire East Borough Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy;
· the four licensing objectives (namely the prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, the prevention of public nuisance, and the protection of children from harm) and the steps appropriate to promote them; and
· All the evidence, including the oral representations made at the meeting and the written representations of interested parties.
The following course of action had been agreed:
RESOLVED: That the application for a Premises Licence be GRANTED as outlined in the application with some modifications.
In Annex 3 of Premises Licence PREM1270 “Conditions attached after a hearing by the Licensing Authority” there is added the following:
- Recordings are fit for their intended purpose.
- Good quality images are presented to the officer in a format that can be replayed on a
- The supervisor has an understanding of the equipment/training.
- Management records are kept,
- Maintenance agreements and records are maintained,
- Data Protection principles and signage are in place.