Venue: The Capesthorne Room - Town Hall, Macclesfield SK10 1EA. View directions
Contact: Karen Shuker Tel: 01270 686459 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment of Chairman
To appoint a Chairman for the meeting.
RESOLVED: That Councillor David Edwardes be appointed as Chair.
Declarations of Interest
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in any item on the agenda and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
In the interests of openness and transparency, Councillor David Edwardes declared that he did know a member of the applicants family, but this did not predetermine him in any way.
Application for a Premises Licence at House of Beauty, 2 Sunderland Street, Macclesfield, SK11 6JF PDF 177 KB
To consider the above application.
The Sub-Committee considered a report regarding an application for a Premise Licence, under the Licensing Act 2003 in respect of, House of Beauty, 2 Sunderland Street, Macclesfield, SK11 6JF together with objections and support.
The following attending the hearing and made representations with respect to the application:
· The Applicant
After a full hearing of the application and in accordance with the rules of
procedure, the Chairman of the Sub-Committee reported that after taking
· The Secretary of State’s Guidance under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003;
· Cheshire East Borough Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy; the four licensing objectives (namely the prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, the prevention of public nuisance, and the protection of children from harm) and the steps appropriate to promote them; and
· All the evidence, including the oral representations made at the meeting
· and the written representations of interested parties.
The following course of action had been agreed
That the application for a Premises Licence be GRANTED
The application for a Premises Licence at House of Beauty, 2 Sunderland Street in Macclesfield be granted with Additional Conditions.
The following conditions shall apply to the Premises Licence at Annex 3:
• There shall be prominent and appropriate signage displayed at the Premises that customers who wish to smoke must use a designated smoking area and not congregate on the public highway.
There shall be no disposal of bottles outside the Premises between the hours of 21.00 and 07.00.
• There shall be no disposal of refuse outside the Premises other than in designated waste bins for commercial use.
• A CCTV system compliant with Cheshire Constabulary’s guidance “CCTV in Licensed Premises – an operational requirement” shall be in operation at all times licensable activities are taking place at the Premises.
• Recorded CCTV images will be maintained and stored for a period of twenty-eight days.
• A staff member from the premises who is conversant with the operation of the CCTV system shall be on the premises at all times when the premises are open to the public. This staff member shall be able to provide a Police officer or an authorised officer of the licensing authority data or footage upon request and within a reasonable time scale.
• Designated supervisors will need to be able to demonstrate that their CCTV system complies with their operational requirements. They will need to demonstrate the following:
- Recordings are fit for their intended purpose.
- Good quality images are presented to the officer in a format that can be replayed on a standard computer.
- The supervisor has an understanding of the equipment/training.
- Management records are kept,
- Maintenance agreements and records are maintained,
- Data Protection principles and signage are in place.
• A Challenge 25 policy shall be operated at the Premises at all times.