Venue: Committee Suite 1,2 & 3, Westfields, Middlewich Road, Sandbach CW11 1HZ. View directions
Contact: Helen Davies Tel: 01270 685705 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Meeting Recording
Appointment of Chairman
To appoint a Chairman for the meeting.
RESOLVED- That Councillor David Edwardes be appointed as Chairman.
Declarations of Interest
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in any item on the agenda and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest.
To consider the above application.
The Sub-Committee considered a report regarding an application by Turquoise Garden Limited, for a Premises Licence under the Licensing Act 2003 in respect of Turquoise Garden, 1-3, Park Lane, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 6TJ together with objections and support.
The following attending the hearing and made representations with respect
to the application:
· the Applicant; and
· The Local Ward Councillor Objector.
After a full hearing of the application and in accordance with the rules of
procedure, the Chairman of the Sub-Committee reported that after taking
· The Secretary of State’s Guidance under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003;
· Cheshire East Borough Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy;
· the four licensing objectives (namely the prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, the prevention of public nuisance, and the protection of children from harm) and the steps appropriate to promote them; and
· All the evidence, including the oral representations made at the meeting and the written representations of interested parties.
The following course of action had been agreed:
That the application for a Premises Licence be GRANTED as outlined in the application with some modification:
Supply of Alcohol (for consumption on the premises)
Monday to Sunday – 11:30 to 23:00
In granting the licence the Sub-Committee used their power pursuant to the Licensing Act 2003 S18(4)(a) to grant the licence subject to the conditions agreed between the Applicant and Cheshire Constabulary.
The Sub-Committee also used their power pursuant to the Licensing Act 2003 S18(4)(a) to grant the licence subject to the following additional condition;
‘Supply of alcohol on the outdoor rooftop terrace must cease by 21:00’