Venue: Committee Suite 1,2 & 3, Westfields, Middlewich Road, Sandbach CW11 1HZ. View directions
Contact: Helen Davies Tel: 01270 685705 Email: email@example.com
Link: Meeting Recording
Appointment of Chairman
To appoint a Chairman for the meeting.
RESOLVED- That Councillor David Edwardes be appointed as Chairman.
Declarations of Interest
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in any item on the agenda and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
In the interests of openness and transparency, it was noted that Councillors David Edwardes, Stan Davies and Rod Fletcher all knew Beverley Dooley as she had previously served as a Borough Councillor at Cheshire East Council.
To consider the above application.
The Sub-Committee considered a report regarding an application by Hilltop Country House Events Limited, for a Premises Licence under the Licensing Act 2003 in respect of Hilltop Country House, Flash Lane, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 4ED together with objections and support.
The following attending the hearing and made representations with respect
to the application:
· the Applicant and his business partner; and
· six Local Resident Objectors.
After a full hearing of the application and in accordance with the rules of
procedure, the Chairman of the Sub-Committee reported that after taking
· The Secretary of State’s Guidance under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003;
· Cheshire East Borough Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy; the four licensing objectives (namely the prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, the prevention of public nuisance, and the protection of children from harm) and the steps appropriate to promote them; and
· All the evidence, including the oral representations made at the meeting and the written representations of interested parties.
The following course of action had been agreed:
That the application for a Premises Licence be GRANTED as outlined in the application with some modification:
The hours applied for are as follows:
· Supply of alcohol (for consumption on the premises)
Monday to Sunday – 12:00 to 24:00
· Provision of Live Music (Indoors & outdoors)
Wednesday to Sunday – 12:00 to 24:00
· Provision of Recorded Music (Indoors)
Monday to Sunday – 12:00 to 24:00
· Late Night Refreshment (Indoors & Outdoors)
Monday to Sunday – 19:00 to 22:00
In granting the licence the Sub-Committee used their power pursuant to the Licensing Act 2003 S18(4)(a) to grant the licence subject to the following conditions agreed between the Applicant and Cheshire Constabulary;
A CCTV system shall be used and shall be designated and installed in accordance with Cheshire Constabulary’s CCTV guidance document called ‘CCTV in Licensed Premises – An Operational Requirement’. This system shall be in operation at all times when licensable activities are taking place.
Recorded CCTV images will be maintained and stored for a period of 28 days.
A staff member from the premises who is conversant with the operation of the CCTV system shall be on the premises at all times when the premises are open to the public. This staff member shall be able to provide a Police Officer or an Authorised Officer of the Licensing Authority data or footage upon request. All requests for footage are to be provided within a reasonable timescale.
Designated supervisors will need to demonstrate that their CCTV system complies with their Operational Requirements. They will need to demonstrate the following;
· Recordings are fit for their intended purpose
· Good quality images are presented to the Officer in a format that can be replayed on a standard computer
· The supervisor has an understanding of the equipment/training
· Management records are kept
· Maintenance agreements and records and maintained
· Data Protection principles and signage are in place
Risk Assessed Door Staff
When there is any specific local event or event being held at the Premises, the Premises ... view the full minutes text for item 15.