Venue: Council Chamber - Town Hall, Macclesfield, SK10 1EA. View directions
Contact: Helen Davies Tel: 01270 685705 Email: email@example.com
Link: Meeting Recording
Appointment of Chairman
To appoint a Chairman for the meeting.
RESOLVED- That Councillor David Edwardes be appointed as Chairman.
Declarations of Interest
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in any item on the agenda and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest.
Application for a Premises Licence at Proper Sound, 8 Chestergate, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 6BA PDF 91 KB
To consider the above application.
The Sub-Committee considered a report regarding an application by James King for a Premises Licence under the Licensing Act 2003 in respect of Proper Sound, 8 Chestergate, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 6BA together with objections and support.
The following attending the hearing and made representations with respect to the application:
· the Applicant;
· the Ward Councillor; and
· one Local Resident Objector.
After a full hearing of the application and in accordance with the rules of procedure, the Chairman of the Sub-Committee reported that after taking account of:
· The Secretary of State’s Guidance under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003;
· Cheshire East Borough Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy;
· the four licensing objectives (namely the prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, the prevention of public nuisance, and the protection of children from harm) and the steps appropriate to promote them; and
· All the evidence, including the oral representations made at the meeting and the written representations of interested parties.
The following course of action had been agreed:
That the application for a Premises Licence be GRANTED as outlined in the application:
(· Provision of live music (indoors and outdoors) Monday to Sunday - 10:00 to 19:30
· Provision of recorded music (indoors) Monday to Sunday - 10:00 to 19:30
· Provision of late night refreshment (indoors and outdoors) Monday to Sunday – 10:00 to 19:30
· Supply of alcohol (for consumption on and off the premises) Monday to Sunday - 10:00 to 19:30
· The provision of one-off events tied into all the seasonal events in the town and open till 21:00hrs for all licensable activities
· The provision of six (6) one off events in addition to the seasonal town events and open till 21:00hrs.)
Plus the following additional conditions;
1) The Premises Licence Holder must keep an incident logbook of complaints made pertaining to noise nuisance in which the DPS or other authorised officer must record the following information in respect of such complaints; the name and address of the complainant, a summary of the incident, the date and time it occurred and the steps taken to resolve it. The incident logbook or relevant entries from it must be made available for inspection to a Licensing Officer or Police Officer upon request within 72 hours; and
2) The Premises Licence Holder must submit an up-to-date and correct floor plan of the premises to the Licensing Authority prior to any licensable activity taking place.