Venue: West Committee Room - Municipal Buildings, Earle Street, Crewe, CW1 2BJ. View directions
Contact: Julie Zientek Democratic Services Officer
Appointment of Chairman
To appoint a Chairman for the meeting.
That Councillor W S Davies be appointed Chairman for the meeting.
Declarations of Interest
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in any item on the agenda and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest.
To consider an application to vary a Premises Licence by The Wilbraham Arms in respect of The Wilbraham Arms 58 Welsh Row, Nantwich CW5 5EJ.
The Sub-Committee considered a report regarding an application for a variation of the Premises Licence for The Wilbraham Arms, 58 Welsh Row, Nantwich CW5 5EJ.
The following attended the hearing and made representations with respect to the application:
- two applicants
- two local residents
After a full hearing of the application and in accordance with the rules of procedure, the Chairman of the Sub-Committee reported that, after taking account of:
· The Secretary of State’s Guidance under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003
· Cheshire East Borough Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy
· The four licensing objectives (namely the prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, the prevention of public nuisance, and the protection of children from harm)
· All the evidence, including the oral representations made at the meeting and the written representations of interested parties
the following course of action had been agreed:
That the application for a variation of the Premises Licence be granted to the following extent and subject to the following conditions:
1. Live and recorded music may be provided indoors up to 11.30 pm on Fridays and Saturdays only, with the music volume being reduced from 11.00 pm.
2. The rear external area may remain open until 11.00 pm on Fridays and Saturdays only (and until 9.00 pm Sundays to Thursdays).
3. No open vessel to be taken outside the premises after 9.00 pm.
The Applicants and Parties who had made relevant representations were reminded of their right to appeal this decision to the Magistrates’ Court within 21 days of service of the written notice of the decision.