Venue: Committee Suite 1,2 & 3, Westfields, Middlewich Road, Sandbach CW11 1HZ. View directions
Contact: Julie Zientek Democratic Services Officer
Appointment of Chairman
To appoint a Chairman for the meeting.
RESOLVED –That Councillor S Davies be appointed Chairman.
Declarations of Interest
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in any item on the agenda and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest.
To consider an application for a Premises Licence by The Committee of Congleton Cricket and Bowling Club in respect of Congleton Cricket & Bowling Club, Booth Street, Congleton CW12 4DG.
The Sub-Committee considered a report regarding an application for a Premises Licence for Congleton Cricket & Bowling Club, Booth Street, Congleton CW12 4DG.
The following attended the hearing and made representations with respect to the application:
- three representatives of the applicant
- a local resident
After a full hearing of the application and in accordance with the rules of procedure, the Chairman of the Sub-Committee reported that, after taking account of:
· The Secretary of State’s Guidance under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003
· Cheshire East Borough Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy
· The four licensing objectives (namely the prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, the prevention of public nuisance, and the protection of children from harm)
· All the evidence, including the oral representations made at the meeting and the written representations of interested parties
the following course of action had been agreed:
RESOLVED - That the application for a premises licence be granted as applied for, subject to:
(a) The imposition of the measures contained within the operating schedule, as set out in the Application, as conditions of the licence.
(b) The following amended hours, as agreed with Cheshire Police:
The terminal hour for the supply of alcohol each Friday and Saturday will be amended to 01:00 hours.
The terminal hour for the premises to close the public each Friday and Saturday will be amended to 01:00 hours.
(c) The removal of the outdoor music aspect from the application, as agreed with The Council’s Environmental Protection Team.
(d) The following conditions requested by Cheshire East Council’s Environmental Protection Team:
1. The days /hours of use shall be restricted to ;-
Friday 18.00 hours to 00.30 hours
Saturdays 18.00 hours to 00.30 hours
Sundays 12.00 to midnight
2. Door and windows shall remain in a closed position at times when live amplified music and/or amplified recorded music and/or amplified voice are being played.
3. Regular checks including external patrols shall be made by a responsible nominated person from the Club to ensure that volume levels of amplified music / amplified voice are not likely to cause noise nuisance to nearby residents. Appropriate action should be taken immediately if volume levels are found to require reduction.
4. Signs shall be erected at all exit points of the Club house to advise patrons to leave the area quietly – including from the car park.
5. Management checks shall be undertaken and controls shall be exercised in relation to ‘people’ noise from patrons when in any outdoor area.
The Applicant and Parties who had made relevant representations were reminded of their right to appeal this decision to the Magistrates’ Court within 21 days of service of the written notice of the decision.