Venue: Committee Suite 1,2 & 3, Westfields, Middlewich Road, Sandbach CW11 1HZ. View directions
Contact: Karen Shuker Tel: 01270 686459 Email: email@example.com
Appointment of Chair
To appoint a Chair for the meeting.
That Councillor D Edwardes be appointed as Chair.
Declarations of Interest
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in any item on the agenda and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest.
To consider the above application.
The sub-committee considered a report regarding an application for a premises licensing in respect of RedWillow Brewery, The Lodge and Paper Store, Sutton Garrison, Byrons Lane, Macclesfield, SK11 7JW
The following attending the hearing and made representations with respect
to the application:
· The applicants
After a full hearing of the application and in accordance with the rules of
procedure, the Chairman of the Sub-Committee reported that after taking
· The Secretary of State’s Guidance under section 182 of the
Licensing Act 2003;
· Cheshire East Borough Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy;
· The four licensing objectives (namely the prevention of crime and
disorder, public safety, the prevention of public nuisance, and the
protection of children from harm) and the steps appropriate to
promote them; and
· All the evidence, including the oral representations made at the
meeting and the written representations of interested parties.
The following course of action had been agreed:
That the application for a Premises Licence be GRANTED with additional conditions as follows:
· There shall be signage displayed prominently and at all exits from the Premises requesting patrons to leave quietly.
· There shall be no disposal of bottles outside at the Premises arising from the licensable activities between the hours of 23.00 and 07.00 on any day.
· A CCTV system compliant with Cheshire Constabulary’s guidance “CCTV in Licensed Premises – an operational requirement” shall be in operation at all times licensable activities are taking place in The Paper Store at the Premises.
· Recorded CCTV images will be maintained and stored for a period of thirty days.
· A staff member from the Premises who is conversant with the operation of the CCTV system shall be on the Premises when the Premises are being used for any of the licensable activities. This staff member shall be able to provide a Police officer or an authorised officer of the licensing authority data or footage upon request and within a reasonable time scale.
· Designated supervisors will need to be able to demonstrate that their CCTV system complies with the operational requirements. They will need to demonstrate the following:
- Recordings are fit for their intended purpose.
- Good quality images are presented to the officer in a format that can be replayed on a standard computer.
- The supervisor has an understanding of the equipment/training.
- Maintenance agreements and records are maintained,
- Data Protection principles and signage are in place.
· A Challenge 25 policy shall be operated in The Paper Store at the Premises at all times licensable activities are taking place.
· The only forms of ID that shall be accepted (at the discretion of the Management) as proof of age are:
- A valid passport.
- A valid photographic driving licence.
- A PASS approved proof of age card.
- A HM Services Warrant Card or other reliable photo ID (that has been approved for acceptance by the Police or an Officer of the Local Authority).
· Publicity materials notifying patrons of the operation of the Challenge 25 scheme shall be ... view the full minutes text for item 44.