Contact: Helen Davies Tel: 01270 685705 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Meeting Recording
Appointment of Chairman
To appoint a Chairman for the meeting.
RESOLVED- That Councillor Mark Goldsmith be appointed as Chairman.
Declarations of Interest
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in any item on the agenda and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest.
To consider the above application.
Please note Appendix 5 as mentioned in the report is a to-follow item.
The Sub-Committee considered a report regarding an application by Langley Cricket Club for a Premises Licence, under Section 17 of the Licensing Act 2003 in respect of Langley Cricket Club, Cock Hall Lane, Langley, Sutton, SK11 0DE. The report outlined the evidence presented by the parties in relation to the new grant application.
The following attending the hearing and made representations with respect to the application:
After a full hearing of the application and in accordance with the rules of procedure, the Chairman of the Sub-Committee reported that after taking account of:
The following course of action had been agreed:
That the application for a Premises Licence be GRANTED subject to the conditions as outlined in the application:
Monday -Thursday 10:00- 23:00 (plus 30 minutes dispersal)
Friday, Saturday (and Bank Holiday Sundays): 10:00- 00:00 (plus 30 minutes dispersal)
Sunday 10:00- 22:30 (plus 30 minutes dispersal)
A) The Prevention of Crime and Disorder
1) An appropriate CCTV system shall be maintained and operated at the premises.
2) Recorded CCTV images will be maintained and stored up for a period of 28 days and shall be produced to the Police or Licencing Authority upon request.
3) If necessary in relation to any event, by reference to a risk assessment, SIA registered security staff shall be employed at such times and in such numbers as required.
4) Open containers of alcohol shall not be removed from the grounds of the Cricket Club.
5) Staff who are to sell alcohol will be trained in the requirements of the licencing act 2003 with regards to the licencing objectives and the laws relating to underage sales and the sale of alcohol to intoxicate persons, and that training shall be documented and repeated at 6 monthly intervals.
6) A refusals book will be maintained at the premises, and made available to an officer of a responsible authority upon request.
B) Public Safety
1) Appropriate first aid equipment will be available at the premises at all times.
2) Regular safety checks shall be carried out by staff.
3) Management shall liaise with the Fire Authority as necessary to ensure compliance with all necessary fire regulations.
4) The premises shall maintain an incident log on public liability insurance.
C) Prevention of Public Nuisance
1) Licensable activities shall be permitted to take place externally beyond 7pm on a maximum of 8 occasions per annum, such occasions to be notified to local residents in the vicinity and maximum a minimum of 14 days prior to the event.
2) On any occasion when events involving regulated entertainment are taking place externally member of staff will undertake regular perimeter checks of sound levels, with the use of ... view the full minutes text for item 3.