Venue: Room S9, Westfields, Middlewich Road, Sandbach, Cheshire CW11 1HZ
Contact: Julie Zientek Democratic Services Officer
Note: Meeting reconvened from 8 March 2019
Continuation of Meeting Held on 8 March 2019
This reconvened meeting is for Members to consider their decision in private, in accordance with paragraph 19 of the Procedure for Hearings.
The public and press will therefore not be admitted to the meeting, and it will not be audio recorded.
The meeting was reconvened to enable the Sub-Committee to continue to consider the application for the review of a Premises Licence for Knutsford Masonic Club, Leicester Warren Hall, Bexton Lane, Knutsford.
After taking account of:
The Secretary of State’s Guidance under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003
Cheshire East Borough Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy
The four licensing objectives (namely the prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, the prevention of public nuisance, and the protection of children from harm)
All the evidence, including the oral representations made at the meeting and the written representations of interested parties
RESOLVED - to impose the following conditions, which they considered appropriate to prevent harm to the licensing objectives:
1. The Premises Licence Holder shall ensure that the DPS/Manager fully complies with the conditions of this Premises Licence and takes all reasonable measures to promote the licensing objectives whenever Licensable Activities take place at the Licensed Premises.
2. The Premises Licence Holder shall be responsible for the management of events to ensure that no nuisance is caused to residents who live in the vicinity of the Licensed Premises.
3. The Premises Licence Holder will operate the premises in accordance with:-
a) Noise levels agreed with the Environmental Protection Department of Cheshire East Council. Where the parties cannot agree the limit the Council’s Environmental Health Team will be the final arbiter;
b) A Security and Stewarding Plan which sets out the roles and duties of Security and Stewarding staff. Staff will be fully briefed to understand their duties;
c) To adopt a policy to prevent anti-social behaviour which sets out all measures to be undertaken. Staff will be fully briefed to understand their duties. A copy of which is to be provided to the Licensing Authority within one month of the notification of the decision.
4. Local Residents within an area designated by the Licensing Authority shall be given at least 4 weeks prior notice by the Premises Licence Holder of wedding events at the Licensed Premises and at least 2 weeks notice for all other events where amplified music or amplified voices are to be played, save in exceptional circumstances e.g. funerals where notice shall be provided to local residents upon confirmation of booking. All details shall be included on the website.
5. The Premises Licence Holder/DPS will ensure that their contact details to include email address, landline and mobile telephone numbers are available on the website and will provide this information to the occupants of the adjacent cottage and properties along Beggarmans Lane.
6. The Premises Licence Holder shall ensure that all complaints received shall be logged and the actions taken to address complaints shall be recorded in the log. The log shall be available for inspection by the Licensing Authority or Police upon request.
7. The number of events where amplified music and/or amplified voices is played shall not exceed 60 in any calendar year.
8. Events where amplified music and/or amplified voices is played shall not take ... view the full minutes text for item 25.