Venue: East Committee Room - Municipal Buildings, Earle Street, Crewe, CW1 2BJ. View directions
Contact: Julie Zientek Democratic Services Officer
Link: Audio recording
Appointment of Chairman
To appoint a Chairman for the meeting.
RESOLVED –That Councillor S Davies be appointed Chairman.
Declarations of Interest
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in any item on the agenda and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest.
To consider an application for a Premises Licence by AKS Partners Limited in respect of Dominos, 38 - 40 Beam Street, Nantwich, Cheshire CW5 5LJ.
The Sub-Committee considered a report regarding an application for a Premises Licence for Dominos, 38 - 40 Beam Street, Nantwich, Cheshire CW5 5LJ.
The following attended the hearing and made representations with respect to the application:
· three representatives of the applicant
Following advice from the Lawyer, the Sub-Committee agreed to proceed in the absence of a representative from
Nantwich Town Council, which had submitted an objection to the application.
After a full hearing of the application and in accordance with the rules of procedure, the Chairman of the Sub-Committee reported that, after taking account of:
· The Secretary of State’s Guidance under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003
· Cheshire East Borough Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy
· The four licensing objectives (namely the prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, the prevention of public nuisance, and the protection of children from harm)
· All the evidence, including the oral representations made at the meeting and the written representations of interested parties
the following course of action had been agreed:
RESOLVED - That the application for a premises licence be granted as applied for, subject to:
(a) The imposition of the measures contained within the operating schedule (as set out in the Application) as conditions of the licence, with the following amendments:
· The premises shall remain closed to the public between 03:00 and 05:00 hours except to allow outward-bound deliveries of late night refreshment.
· Customers will be encouraged to leave the premises in a quiet and orderly manner and a notice will be placed at a strategic place within the premises where persons exiting can readily observe it.
(b) The following discretionary condition:
There will be no inward bound deliveries of stock to the premises between the hours of 23:00 hours and 07:00 hours on any day.
The Applicant and Parties who had made relevant representations were reminded of their right to appeal this decision to the Magistrates’ Court within 21 days of service of the written notice of the decision.