Venue: Council Chamber, Municipal Buildings, Earle Street, Crewe CW1 2BJ. View directions
Contact: Julie Zientek Democratic Services Officer
Note: To register to speak on an application please email Speakingatplanning@cheshireeast.gov.uk
Declarations of Interest/Pre Determination
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
The following declarations were made in the interests of openness:
With regard to application number 17/6233C, Councillor R Bailey declared that she had received a telephone message from a Middlewich resident. She had not spoken to the person concerned and was not conflicted in any way.
With regard to application number 17/6233C, Councillor S Pochin declared that she had also been contacted by a Middlewich resident. She had not discussed the application with him and had suggested that he attended the Planning Committee meeting.
With regard to application number 17/6233C, Councillor J Clowes declared that she had received a telephone message from a Middlewich resident. She had not spoken to the person concerned and had not responded. Councillor Clowes had also received email correspondence, which she had forwarded to the Chairman and the Head of Development Management.
With regard to application number 17/6233C, Councillor B Walmsley declared that she was a member of Middlewich Town Council but that she had not taken part when the application was discussed. There had been a lot of interest in Middlewich and she had been approached by members of the public, including one of the speakers at the previous meeting, but she had not discussed the application with them. Some time ago, she had been approached by the developer as part of the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group. The plans had changed dramatically since then and there had been no recent contact, so she had not discussed her views. Councillor Walmsley stated that she retained an open mind and would assess the application on its planning merits. Councillor Walmsley also declared that she had received email correspondence with respect to the application.
With regard to application number 17/6233C, Councillor J Rhodes declared that she had received a telephone message from a Middlewich resident but that she had not spoken to the person concerned.
With regard to application number 17/6233C, Councillor D Bebbington declared that he had received a telephone message from a Middlewich resident but that he had not spoken to the person concerned.
To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 6 March 2019.
RESOLVED – That the minutes of the meeting held on 6 March 2019 be approved as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
To consider the above planning application.
Note: Malcolm Riley (objector) and Ian Pleasant (on behalf of the applicant) attended the meeting and addressed the Committee on this matter.
The Committee considered a report regarding the above planning application.
(a) That, for the reasons set out in the report, the application be APPROVED subject to the following conditions:
1. Accordance with the conditions on the outline permission
2. Time limit
3. Approved plans
4. Details of materials to be submitted
5. Compliance with the landscape planting proposals
6. Replacement tree planting
7. Compliance with the Drainage Strategy
8. Compliance with the Construction Method Statement
9. Compliance with the Badger and Bat Tree Survey and Great Crested Newt Mitigation Plan
10.Incorporation of features suitable for House Sparrow and roosting bats
11. Removal of PD Rights (Extensions and Outbuildings) on Plots 1-3
12. Condition 4 from outline consent re-attached as a pre-commencement condition
(b) That, in order to give proper effect to the Committee’s intentions and without changing the substance of the decision, authority be delegated to the Head of Planning (Regulation), in consultation with the Chairman (or in his absence the Vice Chairman) of Southern Planning Committee, to correct any technical slip or omission in the wording of the resolution, before issue of the decision notice.
17/6233C Land Off Wheelock Street, Middlewich, Cheshire: Full planning application for the demolition of existing buildings and the erection of 35no. dwellings, a retirement living facility containing 50no. apartments and 3no. retail units for C/O Agent, Henderson Homes (UK) Ltd and McCarthy and Stone PDF 1 MB
To consider the above planning application.
Note: Chris Butt attended the meeting and addressed the Committee on behalf of the applicant.
The Committee considered a report regarding the above planning application and a written update.
(a) That, for the reasons set out in the report and the written update, the application be APPROVED subject to the completion of a S106 Agreement to secure:
and the following conditions:
1. Standard Time
3. Tree Protection
4. Tree Pruning/Felling Specification
5. Service/Drainage Layout to be submitted
6. Pedestrian link through site from Southway to Darlington Street to be un-gated and re-routed through McCarthy & Stone car park
7. Prior to the use of any facing or roofing materials details/ samples shall be submitted and approved
8. Notwithstanding the approved plans boundary treatment details shall be submitted and approved prior to commencement
9. Submission, approval and implementation of a Construction/Environment Management Plan (to include construction vehicle route) - prior to commencement
10. Arboricultural Management Scheme – prior to commencement
11.Site specific Engineer designed specifications for any foundation or area of hard surfacing within the root protection area of retained trees have been submitted to and approved- prior to commencement
12. Existing/proposed and Finished Floor Levels to be submitted and approved prior to commencement
13. Provision of Electric Vehicle infrastructure
14. Contaminated land – submission of a phase 2 report - prior to commencement
15. Contaminated land – submission of a verification report
16. Contaminated land – works to stop if any unexpected contamination is discovered on site
17. Contaminated land imported garden soil
17. Breeding birds – mitigation measures
18. Breeding Birds – timing of works
19. Submission of external lighting details
20.In respect of the dwellings - Removal of permitted development rights for all extensions/outbuildingsClass(es) A-E of Part 1 and fence/ any means of enclosure forward of any building line Class B of Part 2 Schedule 2 of the Order
22. Notwithstanding submitted plans details of the hard and soft landscaping and car ... view the full minutes text for item 70.