Venue: Council Chamber, Municipal Buildings, Earle Street, Crewe CW1 2BJ. View directions
Contact: Sarah Baxter Democratic Services Officer
Note: To register to speak on an application please email Speakingatplanning@cheshireeast.gov.uk
Apologies for Absence
To receive any apologies for absence.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor J Macrae.
Declarations of Interest/Pre Determination
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests and for Members to declare if they have a pre-determination in respect of any item on the agenda.
In the interest of openness in respect of application 18/6118N, Councillor B Roberts declared that he had made representations for the adjoining ward regarding highways development in that area.
To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 27 February 2019 as a correct record.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 27 February 2019 be approved as a correct record and signed by the Chairman subject to condition 20 under application 18/3672M being amended to delete the last sentence from the condition.
A total period of 5 minutes is allocated for each of the planning applications for the following:
· Ward Councillors who are not members of the Strategic Planning Board
· The relevant Town/Parish Council
A period of 3 minutes is allocated for each of the planning applications for the following individuals/groups:
· Members who are not members of the Strategic Planning Board and are not the Ward Member
That the public speaking procedure be noted.
18/6118N-A proposed series of highway infrastructure measures and associated works, in the Leighton area of Crewe, and known as the North West Crewe Package, Land Between Flowers Lane Minshull New Road The A530 Middlewich Road And North Of, Pyms Lane, Crewe for Chris Hindle, Cheshire East Council PDF 1 MB
To consider the above application.
Consideration was given to the above application.
(Councillor J Rhodes, neighbouring Ward Councillor, Parish Councillor Les Horne, representing Minshull Vernon and District Parish Council and
Neil Grundy, representing the applicant attended the meeting and spoke in respect of the application).
That for the reasons set out in the report the application be approved subject to the following conditions:-
1. Three year start date
2. Approved plans/reports
3. Detailed landscaping scheme, taking on board the landscape officers comments, to be submitted and approved
4. Landscape maintenance for 5 years
5. Landscape and ecological management for 25 years and agree details of agreements on 3rd party land
6. Prior to the commencement of development a Tree Protection Scheme is to be submitted and approved
7. Detailed tree felling/pruning specification to be agreed
8. Soil management
9. Prior to the commencement of development a Construction Environment Management Plan (including Construction Traffic) is to be submitted and approved – to include dust suppression measures.
10. Phasing plan detailing the implementation timeframe of the NWCHP
11. Bird nesting season
12. Updated badger survey
13. Detailed lighting scheme to be submitted
14. Development to accord with the FRA
15. Contaminated land remediation strategy to be submitted.
16. Scheme to deal with unexpected contaminated land
17. No infiltration of surface water drainage into the ground where adverse concentrations of contamination are known or suspected
18. No piling without express consent
19. Verification report for contaminated land.
20. Scheme to treat and remove suspended solids from surface water run-off during construction works
21. No drainage into the public sewers
22. Method statement to be submitted to protect UU assets.
23. Management of the PROW
24. Implementation of a programme of archaeological work
25. Submission of a more detailed drainage plan to be agreed prior to commencement
• Public Rights of Way
• Environment Agency advisories
• Contaminated Land
• Establishment of a liaison group
In the event of any changes being needed to the wording of the Board’s decision (such as to delete, vary or add conditions/informatives/planning obligations or reasons for approval/refusal) prior to the decision being issued, the Head of Planning Regulation has delegated authority to do so in consultation with the Chairman of the Strategic Planning Board, provided that the changes do not exceed the substantive nature of the Board’s decision.
To consider the above report.
Consideration was given to the above report.
That the s106 Agreement dated 11 January 2018 regarding Flowers Lane, Crewe be varied to ensure delivery of the North West Crewe Package (“NWCP”): in particular, by amending the definition of Roundabout Works in that Agreement to allow flexibility for the works to comprise either (i) the works as shown on the Roundabout Plan in that Agreement or (ii) in the event that the Council steps in to deliver the Roundabout, such design as is approved by NWCP application 18/6118N.