To consider the above application.
Consideration was given to the above application.
(Councillor B Walmsley, the Ward Councillor, Town Councillor W Walmsley, representing Middlewich Town Council, Parish Councillor Nixon, representing Moston Parish Council and Richard Hibbert, representing the applicant attended the meeting and spoke in respect of the application).
That for the reasons set out in the report and in the verbal update given to the Board, power be delegated to the Head of Planning (Regulatory) to approve the application unless further consultation responses raising new issues are received by Monday 29th April 2019 and subject to the following conditions:-
1. 5 year start time
2. Development to proceed in accordance with the approved plans/report recommendations.
4. Landscape implementation & maintenance (5 years)
5. Prior to the commencement of development a Tree Protection Scheme is to be submitted and approved
6. Prior to the commencement of development an Arboricultual Method Statement for tree retention is to be submitted and approved
7. Prior to the commencement of development a scheme for arboricultural supervision is required to be submitted and approved
8. Submission of proposals for the safeguarding of LWS quality habitats located adjacent to permanent and temporary works. Updated protected species surveys and mitigation method statements for felling of any trees with bat roost potential lost as a result of the scheme and for otter, badgers and Lesser Silver Diving beetle. Mitigation and compensation proposals to be informed by the proposals included with the ES.
9. Not withstanding the proposals detailed in section 2.1 of the submitted Appendix K.2: Landscape and Ecology Supporting Information a Habitat Creation method statement is to be submitted for the creation of the species rich grassland and the grassland mitigation areas.
10. Updated Kingfisher survey to be undertaken prior to the implementation of any watercourse crossings.
11. Design of mammal ledges under culverts to be agreed with the Council and EA.
12. Timing of works to Safeguarding Nesting Birds.
13. Method statement for the reinstatement of habitat for Little Ringed plover following the removal of the Temporary Works Compound. Method statement for the creation of species rich grassland
14. Time table for the implementation of habitat creation measures.
15. Grampian condition to secure off site barn owl habitat provision and management.
16. Submission and implementation of an ecological monitoring strategy. If any deficiencies in the agreed ecological mitigation/compensation then revised proposals are to be submitted to the LPA for agreement and then implemented in full.
17. Submission of a 25 year habitat and landscape management plan. To include proposals for the management of woodland planting, species rich grassland ponds, lesser silver diving beetle, non-native invasive plant species, hedgerows and the control of non-native invasive plant species. The management plan should also include a strategy to secure the long term future of the created habitats such as transfer to an appropriate body such as the Land Trust.
18. Prior to the commencement of development a Construction Environment Management Plan is to be submitted and approved – to include dust suppression measures & measures to avoid contamination of the canal.
19. Implementation of great crested newt mitigation.
20. Submission of bat friendly lighting scheme.
21. Submission of a reptile mitigation method statement.
22. Contaminated land remediation strategy to be submitted.
23. Measures to deal with unsuspected contamination.
24. No infiltration of surface water drainage into the ground/ measures to avoid contamination of the canal
25. Verification report for contaminated land.
26. Works to be carried out in accordance with the FRA
27. Detailed strategy/design of surface water runoff to be agreed
28. Scheme to remove suspended solids from surface water drainage.
29. Method statement to be submitted to protect UU assets was required.
30. Agreement on material finishes for the bridge crossings, new towpath access and associated landscaping for the canal bridge crossing.
• Public Rights of Way
• Water Course - Land Drainage Act
• Contaminated Land
• Canal & Rivers Trust
In the event of any changes being needed to the wording of the Boards' decision (such as to delete, vary or add conditions/informatives/planning obligations or reasons for approval/refusal) prior to the decision being issued, the Head of Development Management has delegated authority to do so in consultation with the Chairman of the Strategic Planning Board, provided that the changes do not exceed the substantive nature of the Board's decision.