To consider the above application.
The Committee consider a report regarding planning application 17/1874M.
Councillor L Jeuda (Ward Councillor), Rachel Giles, (objector) and John Jowitt (representing the applicant) attended the meeting and spoke in respect of the application.
That the application be delegated to the Head of Planning (Regulation), in consultation with the Chairman, to approve subject to further discussion on the s106 requirements in respect of ecology and the possibility of increasing affordable housing provision from 10% and withdrawal of holding objection from Sport England.
The s106 to include:
· £1.2m for offsite highways improvement works to the Flowerpot junction
· sport pitch contribution of £225,000 to be spent at the Congleton Road Playing pitches
· public open space provision in accordance with policy and long term maintenance
· long term ecological management plan for the woodland (including the ancient woodland) and wildlife sites and long term maintenance
· provision and transfer of serviced school site at no cost
And subject to the following conditions:-
1. Commencement of development (3 years) or 2 from date of approval of reserved matters
2. Reserved matters to be approved
3 Phasing plan, including highways works to be agreed
3. Approved Plans
6. Implementation of landscaping
7. Tree/Hedgerow Protection Measures
8. Arboricultural Impact Assessment in accordance with Section 5 of BS5837:2012 Trees in Relation to Design, Demolition and Construction – Recommendations which shall include a Tree Protection Scheme
9. Construction and Environmental Management Plan to be submitted prior to commencement, to include dust control measures.
10. Submission of a detailed acoustic assessment with mitigation required with reserved matters.
11. Hours of deliveries to be agreed
12. Odour Management Plan
13. Air pollution damage cost calculation and associated mitigation works.
14. Electric Vehicle Infrastructure
15. Approval of lighting associated with the leisure and commercial uses.
16. Submission of a post demolition Phase II ground contamination and risk assessment together with a remediation report.
17. Control of soils brought onto site.
18. Measures to address contamination should it be unexpectedly be found during works.
19. Submission of a Ecological mitigation and Management Plan for the Woodland (including the Ancient Woodland) and Local Wildlife Site.
20. Submission of an updated Badger Survey as part of and reserved matters application.
21. Updated reptile survey as part of any Reserved Matters
22. Updated GCN mitigation strategy as part of and reserved matters application.
23. Management of and improvements to the PROW
24. Travel Plan to be submitted prior to occupation of the first dwelling.
25. Programme of archaeological work
26. Approval of levels.
27. Submission of a Flood Risk Assessment.
28. Drainage strategy/design in accordance with the appropriate method of surface water drainage chosen.
29. Foul and surface water drained on separate systems.
30. Cycle storage
31. Bin stores
32. Prior to the occupation of either
A: 220 houses and 4000 Sqm of food retail or
B: 4000 Sqm food retail and 16,500 Sq.m employment
The full link road shall be implemented
33. Prior to the occupation of 200 units, the Moss Lane/Signal junction improvements as indicated on DWG 2176-13 shall be implemented through a S278 agreement
34. Prior to the occupation of 200 units the Moss Lane/Star Lane road improvements as indicated on DWG 2176-10 shall be implemented through a S278
35. Prior to the occupation 500 units a scheme for the installation of traffic signals at the Moss Lane/Congleton road improvements as indicated on DWG 5108479-014-TP-GA-DR-D-001 Rev P01 shall be submitted for approval of the Strategic Highways Manager
36. Prior to the occupation of 700 units the scheme approved at (35) above is implemented
37. Prior to commencement a Construction Management Statement shall be submitted and approved.
38. Network Rail condition to safeguard the west coast main line
39. Removal of PD rights at the retail units to ensure no mezzanines are constructed
40. Invertebrate and bat survey
41. Site completion report to be submitted and approved for each phase of development
42. Implementation of a programme of archaeological works to be agreed
In the event of any changes being needed to the wording of the Committee’s decision (such as to delete, vary or add conditions/informatives/planning obligations or reasons for approval/refusal) prior to the decision being issued, the Head of Planning (Regulation) has delegated authority to do so in consultation with the Chairman of the Strategic Planning Board, provided that the changes do not exceed the substantive nature of the Committee’s decision.
Should this application be the subject of an appeal, authority be delegated to the Head of Planning (Regulation) in consultation with the Chairman of the Strategic Planning Board to enter into a planning agreement in accordance with the S111 of the Local Government Act 1972.
[The meeting adjourned for lunch from 1.00 pm to 1.35 pm. Councillor S Pochin left the meeting and did not return]