To consider the above application.
Consideration was given to the above application.
(Mr Harris, the agent for the applicant attended the meeting and spoke in respect of the application. In addition a statement was summarised by the Head of Planning (Regulation) on behalf of Councillor B Silvester, the Ward Councillor).
That the application be refused for the following reasons:-
1.In the opinion of the Local Planning Authority, the proposed development would cause a significant erosion of the Green Gap between the built up areas of Willaston and Nantwich and adversely effect the visual character of the landscape which would significantly and demonstrably outweigh the benefits of the scheme notwithstanding a shortfall in housing land supply. The development is therefore contrary to Policy NE4 (Green Gaps) of the Borough of Crewe and Nantwich Replacement Local Plan 2011 and guidance contained within the NPPF.
2. The proposal would involve the permanent loss of best and most versatile agricultural land. The NPPF states that local planning authorities should seek to use areas of poorer quality land in preference to that of a higher quality. Together with the reasons stated above this would significantly and demonstrably outweigh the benefits of the scheme notwithstanding a shortfall in housing land supply. The proposed development is contrary to Policy NE.12 of the Borough of Crewe and Nantwich Replacement Local Plan 2011 and Paragraph 112 of the NPPF.
3. The Transport Assessment submitted as part of this application does not include an assessment of the cumulative impact of other committed development within this area. The Transport Assessment also includes a number of errors in relation to traffic generation which fall 17% below the correct figure when submitted trip rates are taken into account. As such it is not possible to conclude whether the development would have a severe highways impact or to identify any mitigation which may be required. As such the development would be contrary to the NPPF and Policy BE.3 (Access and Parking) of the Borough of Crewe and Nantwich Replacement Local Plan 2011.
In order to give proper effect to the Board`s intentions and without changing the substance of the decision, authority is delegated to the Head of Planning (Strategy), in consultation with the Chairman (or in his absence the Vice Chairman) of Strategic Planning Board, to correct any technical slip or omission in the wording of the resolution, between approval of the minutes and issue of the decision notice.
Should the application be subject to an appeal, the following Heads of Terms should be secured as part of any S106 Agreement:
1. A scheme for the provision of 30% affordable housing – 65% to be provided as social rent/affordable rent with 35% intermediate tenure. The scheme shall include:
- The numbers, type, tenure and location on the site of the affordable housing provision
- The timing of the construction of the affordable housing and its phasing in relation to the occupancy of the market housing
- The arrangements for the transfer of the affordable housing to an affordable housing provider or the management of the affordable housing if no Registered Social Landlord is involved
- The arrangements to ensure that such provision is affordable for both first and subsequent occupiers of the affordable housing; and
- The occupancy criteria to be used for determining the identity of occupiers of the affordable housing and the means by which such occupancy criteria shall be enforced.
2. Provision of Public Open Space and maintenance by a management company in perpetuity
3. An update to be provided on children’s play space of £18,000
4. Highways Contribution TBC