To consider the above application.
Consideration was given to the above application.
(Parish Councillor John Cornell, Vice Chairman of Weston & Basford Parish Council and Matthew Stafford, the applicant attended the meeting and spoke in respect of the application).
That for the reasons set out in the report and in the verbal update to Board, the application be delegated for approval to the Head of Planning (Regeneration) in consultation with the Chairman of the Strategic Planning Board and Ward Councillors subject to a revised Ecological update, the completion of a Section 106 Agreement securing the following:-
• £2,000,000 towards the delivery of the Crewe Green. Link Road and the A5020 Weston Gate Roundabout improvement
• £2,450,000 towards the improvement of Strategic Highways Infrastructure (Crewe Green Corridor and/ or A500 improvements)
• £345,000 to support a new bus service to the development.
• £325,000 to deliver pedestrian and cycleway improvements along the A523 Weston Road links to the railway station or towards a new cycleway / pedestrian crossing of the Crewe Green Link Road.
• £80,000 to contribute towards a scheme of traffic management / calming measures in the Village of Weston.
• The provision of land at no cost to the council within the applicants control for the future widening (Dualling) of the A500 along with any necessary temporary land (working space) required for the delivery of these improvements.
• The provision of an alternative agricultural access off the new spur road.
• £1 568 000 to primary education. Contributions towards education with a level, fully serviced and uncontaminated site provided.
• Provision of a minimum of 15% affordable housing – subject to review of sales values during the life of the development.
• Provision of public open space to be transferred to a Management Company in perpetuity
And subject to the following conditions:-
1. A02HA - Construction of access
2. A04HA - Vehicular visibility at access to be approved
3. A32HA - Submission of construction method statement
4. Standard outline (Phased)
5. Standard outline (Phased)
6. Development to be carried out in accordance with the approved Flood Risk Assessment
7. Limiting the surface water run-off
8. The layout for the proposed development to be designed to contain the risk of flooding from overland flow during severe rainfall events
9. A scheme to dispose of foul and surface water
10. Submission, approval and implementation of an Environmental Management Plan
11. Submission, approval and implementation of low emission strategy
12. Submission and approval of an updated Phase II investigation and implementation of any necessary mitigation
13. Submission, approval and implementation of location, height, design, and luminance of any proposed lighting
14. Submission, approval and implementation of a detailed noise mitigation scheme with the full application.
15. Submission, approval and implementation of a scheme of odour / noise control for the restaurant/public house.
16. Submission, approval and implementation of travel plan
17. Submission, approval and implementation of electric car charging points
18. A detailed landscape scheme should be submitted for approval prior to commencement on site including bolstered landscaping to the Southern and Eastern boundary to ensure minimal impact on the Weston Village.
19. The agreed landscape scheme should be implemented within the first planting season after commencement of development.
20. Management plan to include all landscape areas and public open space (within this application) should be submitted and approved prior to commencement of landscape works.
A five year landscape establishment management plan should be submitted and approved prior to commencement of landscape works
21. Any landscape planting that fails within the first 5 years after planting should be replaced on a like for like basis unless agreed in writing with the LPA.
22. Submission / approval / implementation of footpath surfacing / lighting
23. Drawing numbers.
24. Bin storage
25. Details of tress and hedgerows to be retained to be provided
26. Ecological Management Plan to be submitted.
27. Phasing plan to be submitted
28. Details of land to be provided for footbridge across spine road to be provided
29. Details of boundary treatment to be submitted prior to commencement.
30. Scheme for Sustainable Urban Drainage Scheme to be submitted
31. Details of a pedestrian access link to the land known as D1 to be provided.
32. At least 10% of the energy supply of the development shall be secured from decentralised and renewable or low-carbon energy sources or fabric first.
33. Ground levels to be submitted.
34. Protection of breeding birds.
35. Provision of bird boxes.
36. Times of Piling.
37. Hours of construction/noise generative works.
38. Dust mitigation.
39. Creation of a Liaison Group.
40. No vehicular access from the site on to the area known as the South Cheshire Growth Village.
In addition there was an informative added to include the provision of a pedestrian/cycle access link from the North East end of the site to the South Cheshire Growth Village and this should be via a pedestrian bridge over the Crewe to Derby Railway Line.
In the event of any changes being needed to the wording of the Board’s decision (such as to delete, vary or add conditions/informatives/planning obligations or reasons for approval/refusal) prior to the decision being issued, the Head of Planning (Regeneration) has delegated authority to do so in consultation with the Chairman of the Strategic Planning Board, provided that the changes do not exceed the substantive nature of the Board’s decision.
Should this application be the subject of an appeal, authority be delegated to the Head of Planning (Regeneration) in consultation with the Chairman of the Strategic Planning Board to enter into a planning agreement in accordance with the S106 Town and Country Planning Act to secure the Heads of Terms for a S106 Agreement.
(The meeting adjourned for a short break).