Venue: The Capesthorne Room - Town Hall, Macclesfield SK10 1EA. View directions
Contact: Sarah Baxter Democratic Services Officer
Link: Audio recording
Apologies for Absence
To receive any apologies for absence.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors T Dean and M Warren.
Declarations of Interest/Pre Determination
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests and for Members to declare if they have a pre-determination in respect of any item on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest.
To approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 9 May 2018 as a correct record.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 9 May 2018 be approved as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
A total period of 5 minutes is allocated for each of the planning applications for the following:
· Ward Councillors who are not members of the Planning Committee
· The relevant Town/Parish Council
A period of 3 minutes is allocated for each of the planning applications for the following individuals/groups:
That the public speaking procedure be noted.
To consider the above application.
Note: Haf Barlow (on behalf of Poynton Town Council), Wendy Robinson (objector) and Chris Russell (on behalf of the applicant) attended the meeting and addressed the Committee on this matter.
The Committee considered a report regarding the above planning application and a written update.
(a) That, for the reasons set out in the report and the written update, the application be APPROVED subject to the following conditions:
1. A03FP - Commencement of development (3 years)
2. A01AP - Development in accord with approved plans
3. A06EX - Materials as application
4. A04LS - Landscaping completed in accorance with submitted plan
5. A05LS - Landscaping to be implemented within the first planting season of occupation of dwellings
6. A02TR - Tree protection
7. A04TR - Tree pruning / felling specification
8. Construction hours of operation - Piling
9. Electric Vehicle Infrastructure
10. Contamination -suitability of soil and verification
11. Contamination - works shall cease if contamination found during construction
12. No dig construction for driveway and hardsurfacing areas near root protection areas for Chester Road/London Road TPO 1971
13. Broadband connection
14. Construction Management Plan
15. Drainage details to be submitted
16. Existing and proposed land levels / floor slabs to be submitted
17. Parking spaces to be provided and retained
18. Removal of permitted development rights
(b) That, in order to give proper effect to the Committee`s intent and without changing the substance of its decision, authority be delegated to the Head of Planning (Regulation) in consultation with the Chairman (or in their absence the Vice Chairman) to correct any technical slip or omission in the resolution, before issue of the decision notice.
17/4989M-Demolition of existing County Hotel and redevelopment to provide 2no. residential blocks consisting of 26no. 2 bed apartments, alongside parking, landscaping and associated works, The County Hotel, Harden Park, Alderley Edge for Mr Andrew Hall, Harden Park Gardens Limited PDF 673 KB
To consider the above application.
Mr P Wakefield, Principal Planning Officer, reported that information had now been received to enable the calculation of the developer’s financial contribution for the off-site provision of affordable housing, which amounted to approximately £600,000. However, the applicant had stated that there was a viability issue associated with the development site and only approximately £300,000 was available for a contribution towards off-site affordable housing.
That the application be DEFERRED for the following:
· Appraisal of the viability report
· Investigation of the options for a pedestrian crossing to Wilmslow Road