Venue: Crewe Alexandra Football Club, Gresty Road, Crewe, CW2 6EB. View directions
Contact: Sarah Baxter Democratic Services Officer
Apologies for Absence
To receive any apologies for absence.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor Mrs R Bailey.
Declarations of Interest/Pre Determination
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests and for Members to declare if they have a pre-determination in respect of any item on the agenda.
It was noted that Members had received numerous emails in relation to the subject matter being considered at the meeting.
In the interest of openness, Councillor J Hammond declared that he was a member of Haslington Parish Council. He also declared that in relation to the Basford sites he had attended a number of briefings with Local Ward Members, Officers and developers.
In the interest of openness, Councillor D Hough declared that he was a member of Alsager Town Council which had made comment on the White Moss site.
In the interest of openness, Councillor G Walton declared that he had met with the Leader of the Council and a group of people from Knutsford.
In the interest of openness, Councillor P Hoyland declared that he was a member of Poynton Town Council.
In the interest of openness, Councillor P Edwards declared that he was a member of Middlewich Town Council.
A minimum period of 1 hour will be allocated for public speaking and this period may be extended, at the discretion of the Chairman of the Board. Each public speaker will be allowed to speak for a maximum period of 2 minutes.
The Chairman outlined the public speaking procedure and that all speakers would have a maximum of two minutes to put forward their views.
That the public speaking procedure be noted.
To consider the above report.
(During consideration of the item, Councillor D Brown arrived to the meeting).
Prior to the commencement of the public speaking session, the Chairman formally accepted a petition on the protection of the Green Belt and Open Countryside by Parish Councillor Mrs Anne Broome (Chairman of Hough & Chorlton Parish Council) and Parish Councillor Mr Philip Jackson (Chairman of Wybunbury Parish Council).
Consideration was given to the above report.
(Each of the following people spoke for 2 minutes in respect of the item:-
Parish Councillor John Cornell (Vice Chairman of Weston & Basford Parish Council)
Honorary Alderman Derek Bould
Robin McCluney (Representing Knutsford Aligned Community Group)
Councillor Mrs L Smetham
Councillor A Thwaite
Councillor R Fletcher
Councillor Miss C Andrew
Councillor S Corcoran
Mr Parkinson (2 Minutes)
Parish Councillor R Hovey (Representing Haslington Parish Council)
Councillor H Murray
Manuel Golding (Representing some of the Residents of Wilmslow)
Councillor B Burkhill
Councillor D Mahon
Anna Morrison (Representing Congleton Residents Against Seddon Homes (CRASH)
Councillor R West
Parish Councillor Rickard (Chairman of Crewe Green Parish Council)
Councillor K Edwards
Councillor Louise Brown
MrHalman (Representing HOW Planning)
Councillor P Nurse)
A statement submitted by Mr Dignam, who was unable to attend, was read out by the Democratic Services Officer.
Councillor D Brown requested his thanks to all Officers for their hard work on the Local Plan be recorded.
Councillor B Murphy commented that the response to the consultation should be noted and due weight be given to the comments received. He considered the process of consultation to have been appropriate and comprehensive and that an expression of the Board’s appreciation for the diligence shown by Officers in undertaking the process should be given.
A number of comments were made by Members in relation to the documentation contained with the agenda pack.
(1) Consideration was given to a Report of Consultation on Shaping our Future: Policy Principles.
(2) Consideration was given to a Report of Consultation on Shaping our Future: A Development Strategy for Jobs and Sustainable Communities;
(3) Consideration was given to a Report of Consultation on Shaping our Future: A Development Strategy for Jobs and Sustainable Communities - Possible Additional Sites Proposed by Developer and Land Interests Consultation;
(4) Consideration was given to the consultation responses to the Development Strategy and Policy Principles Sustainability Appraisal Report (2013).
(5) Consideration was given to the consultation responses to the Habitats Regulations Assessment for the Development Strategy and Emerging Policy Principles;
(6) Consideration was given on the consultation undertaken to date.
(7) That the ‘Core Strategy Sites’, ‘Strategic Locations’ and ‘Safeguarded Land’ for possible inclusion in the emerging Core Strategy be noted and the comments made in relation to this be noted.
(During consideration of the item, the meeting was adjourned for three breaks, one at 12noon, one at 1.30pm and one at 4.50pm. In addition during consideration of the item, Councillor ... view the full minutes text for item 76.