Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Committee considered a report which proposed the closure of the Westfields offices in Sandbach as part of the rationalisation of the Council’s office space, following consultation with Cheshire East Council recognised trade unions, employees and members.
Members had regard to confidential legal advice which had been circulated to members with the agenda.
Officers advised that the timing of staff vacating Westfields would depend on the timing of the repurposing of the building.
Members commented that they would wish to see the repurposing of Westfields as soon as possible to achieve the financial savings and establish a new income stream.
That the Committee
1. notes the results from the consultation with Cheshire East Council recognised trade unions, employees and members provided at Appendices 1a and 1b;
2. approves the option to close the Westfields offices in Sandbach;
3. notes that the Head of Human Resources and Head of Democratic Services will progress further consultation with trade unions, employees, third parties and members, on the impact of closing the Westfields offices in Sandbach on those groups as it relates to relocation within other areas of the corporate estate;
4. notes the findings of the market testing at paragraph 21 of the report, and that the Head of Estates/Executive Director of Place will report to the appropriate committee on the future use of the Westfields site in a timely manner to achieve best consideration from the asset; and
5. notes that the Monitoring Officer will carry out all necessary communications to alert relevant individuals and organisations that the Post Room, located at Delamere House, Crewe, will be the registered address for all statutory correspondence.
Publication date: 06/12/2023
Date of decision: 30/11/2023
Decided at meeting: 30/11/2023 - Corporate Policy Committee
Effective from: 14/12/2023