Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Cabinet considered a report on the Mid-Year Review (FINANCE) 2020/21.
The report included an update on the financial impact of the pandemic on the Council.
Councillor J Clowes, as Chairman of the Corporate Overview and Scrutiny Committee, reported the Committee’s comments on the report and referred to a number of matters on which the Committee had sought further clarification. She requested a written response.
1. notes the contents of the report;
2. notes the contents of Annex 1 to the report, and the current financial impact of Covid-19, of up to £26m, being partially mitigated by non Covid-19 activity;
3. notes the mitigating actions under consideration in order to manage the financial impact of Covid-19 (Section 3 – Reasons for Recommendations);
4. notes the supplementary estimates approved to date in relation to Covid-19 activity (Appendix 2, Table 2);
5. approves the supplementary revenue estimates of £774,000 (155,000 received and £619,000 is pending) relating to the additional grants for Covid-19 Emergency Active Travel Fund (Appendix 2, Table 1);
6. approves the capital virement of £1,700,000 to increase the pothole and challenge funding (Appendix 4, Annex C);
7. notes the approved supplementary capital estimate of £6,855,000 relating to additional Department for Transport grant received (Appendix 4, Annex D); and
8. recommends to Council to approve a fully funded supplementary revenue estimate above £1,000,000 in accordance with Financial Procedure Rules as detailed in (Appendix 2 Table 1).
Publication date: 14/10/2020
Date of decision: 06/10/2020
Decided at meeting: 06/10/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 22/10/2020
Current call-in Count: 0