To consider the above application.
The Sub Committee considered a report regarding the application for a review of the Premises Licence, under the Licensing Act 2003, Swish Lounge, 31 Mill Street, Crewe, CW2 7AJ, together with objections and support.
The following attended the hearing and made representations with respect to the review application:
The Applicant - Cheshire East Council's Commercial Services Team as a Responsible Authority under S 13(4) of the Licencing Act 2003.
A representative from Licensing;
The Premises Licence Holder and his supporter;
After a full hearing of the application and in accordance with the rules of procedure, the Sub-Committee reported that after taking account of:
· The existing Licence
· The Application.
· The 4 licensing objectives – namely:
o The prevention of crime and disorder,
o Public safety,
o The prevention of public nuisance,
o The protection of children from harm
and the steps appropriate to promote them.
· The oral and written representations made by Cheshire East Council’s Licensing Officer.
· The oral and written representations made by Cheshire East Council’s Senior Enforcement Officer.
· The oral and written representations made by the Premises Licence Holder
· The written representations from the owner of a business in the locality.
· The Licensing Act 2003
· The Secretary of State's Guidance on the Licensing Act 2003 (April 2018).
· Cheshire East Council's Statement of Licensing Policy.
· The law relating to smoking in public places which is set out in the Health Act 2006 (“the Act”).
That following the application for review of the premises licence that the application be granted and the premises licence be REVOKED.