To consider the recommendations from the Corporate Policy Committee.
Consideration was given to the recommendations of the Corporate Policy Committee, which had met on 14 July 2022, in relation to the UK Shared Prosperity Fund - Cheshire East Allocation.
Councillor J Clowes proposed an amendment to the recommendations of the Committee, to include an additional sentence which also noted the requirements of additional guidance from time to time. The Mayor asked if the proposer and seconder of the substantive motion were prepared to accept the amendment. Councillor S Corcoran, as the proposer of the motion, requested advice from the Monitoring Officer, who advised that the amendment was acceptable. Councillor J Clowes confirmed she was content to accept the advice, as were the proposer and seconder.
1. authority be delegated to the Executive Director Adults, Health and Integration to:
(i) make any amendments to the Local Investment Plan for the Multiply element of the Shared Prosperity allocation for Cheshire East as are required by government in order to release Multiply funding or as required during the plan period to enable the effective management of the fund; and
(ii) accept the Multiply funding allocation for Cheshire East and approve a Supplementary Revenue Estimate of up to £1,535,547, and to allocate that funding as set out within the Local Investment Plan over the years 2022-23 to 2024-25;
2. Council note the emerging Local Investment Plan for the core element of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund allocation for Cheshire East.
3. Council note that the Chief Executive, S151 Officer and Leader are required to approve the core UKSPF Investment Plan once completed to comply with the requirements of the UKSPF government Prospectus and to also take note such guidance as may be issued from time to time ;
4. authority be delegated to the Executive Director Place to:
(i) submit the approved completed Investment Plan for the core UK Shared Prosperity Fund allocation for Cheshire East to the government Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities for the deadline of 1 August 2022;
(ii) make any amendments to the Investment Plan for the core UK Shared Prosperity allocation for Cheshire East as required by government in order to release the funding or as required during the plan period to enable the effective spend of the fund;
(iii) accept the core UK Shared Prosperity Fund allocation for Cheshire East and approve a Supplementary Revenue/Capital Estimate of up to £11,585,762, (split to be confirmed on approval of the Investment Plan) and to allocate the funding as set out within the Local Investment Plan over the years 2022-23 to 2024-25; and
(iv) manage the Cheshire East UK Shared Prosperity Fund 2022-25 programme, taking all necessary actions in the interests of maximising the impacts of the fund aligned to the fund parameters and local priorities aligned to the core UK Shared Prosperity Fund Investment Plan; and
5. Council note that Cheshire East Council will act as accountable body for the Shared Prosperity Fund where funds are allocated to third party organisations, for the duration of the funding.