To consider the above application.
The Sub-Committee considered a report regarding five Temporary Event Notices by Miss Teracina Slaughter-Hudson in respect of the premises: The White Horse, 22 Pillory Street, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5BD together with objections and support.
The following attending the hearing and made representations with respect to the application:
· An Environmental Health Officer.
After a full hearing of the application and in accordance with the rules of procedure, the Chairman of the Sub-Committee reported that after taking account of:
· The Secretary of State’s Guidance under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003;
· Cheshire East Borough Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy;
· the four licensing objectives (namely the prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, the prevention of public nuisance, and the protection of children from harm) and the steps appropriate to promote them; and
· All the evidence, including the oral representations made at the meeting and the written representations of interested parties.
The following course of action had been agreed:
That all of the five applications for Temporary Event Notices be REFUSED and to issue a counter notice to the Premises as it would undermine the Licensing Objective of prevention of public nuisance and therefore should not place.