To consider the above application.
Consideration was given to the above application.
(Town Councillor Michael Unett, representing Alsager Town Council and Andy Plant, representing the applicant attended the virtual meeting and spoke in respect of the application).
That for the reasons set out in the report the application be approved subject to the following conditions:-
1. Full time limit for Units 1, 2 and 6.
2. Outline time limit for Units 3, 4 and 5.
3. Reserved matters to include appearance, landscape and layout.
4. Approved plans.
5. The occupied buildings within the development shall be designed to ensure that structure and façade are designed to resist the peak accidental explosion hazard to the building without exceeding a Minimal Hazard response condition. The explosion hazard varies across the development. For the nearest building, Unit 2, the peak hazard equates to a shock front with a peak overpressure of 11kPa with a 121ms duration.
6. Prior to commencement of the construction of any of the buildings, the design calculations, drawings and other submitted information for the primary building frames and façades shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the LPA, in consultation with the HSE. Development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details.
7. Prior to first occupation of any of the units, the ghost right turn lane at the southern access to the site shall be provided and available for use.
8. Prior to first occupation the car park links to units 1 and 2 to the northern access road shall be provided and available for use.
9. Prior to first occupation of any of the units, the combined pedestrian/cycle route shall be provided and available for use.
10.External lighting in accordance with the submitted external lighting details.
11.Method statement for the control of non-native invasive plant species.
12. Protection of nesting birds.
13. Strategy for the inclusion of features to enhance biodiversity including nesting birds, roosting bats, gaps for Hedgehog movements, brash/deadwood piles and native species planting.
14. Any future reserved matters application for units 2,4 and 5 to be supported by a strategy for the inclusion of features to enhance biodiversity including nesting birds, roosting bats, gaps for Hedgehog movements, brash/deadwood piles and native species planting.
15.Compliance with the submitted tree protection measures.
16.Arboricultural Method Statement.
17.Any reserved matters application to be supported by an Arboricultural Impact Assessment, Arboricultural Method Statement and Tree Protection Scheme.
18.Development in accordance with the Flood Risk Assessment.
19.Detailed drainage/design strategy to limit surface water run off.
20.Foul and surface water drained on separate systems.
21.Updated Remediation Strategy (contaminated land).
22.Verification Report (contaminated land).
23.Soil and soil forming materials for soft landscaping areas to be tested and verified.
24.If, during the course of development, contamination not previously identified is found to be present, no further works shall be undertaken in the affected area and the contamination shall be reported to the Local Planning Authority as soon as reasonably practicable (but within a maximum of 5 days from the find). Prior to further works being carried out in the identified area, a further assessment shall be made and appropriate remediation implemented in accordance with a scheme also agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
25.Mitigation in the Noise Assessment to be implemented.
26.Prior to first occupation, submission of an electric vehicle infrastructure plan.
27.No development shall take place within the area indicated until the applicant, or their agents or successors in title, has secured the implementation of a programme of archaeological work in accordance with a written scheme of investigation which has been submitted by the applicant and approved in writing by the local planning authority. The work shall be carried out strictly in accordance with the approved scheme.
28.Notwithstanding the provisions of the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 (as amended), the development hereby approved shall be limited to Use Class E(g)(i) (Offices), E(g)(ii) (Research and Development) and E(g)(iii) (Industrial Processes).
29.Prior to first occupation of any of the units hereby approved, a scheme for the creation of a public art feature reflecting the history of the site shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the LPA in consultation with Alsager Town Council and the public art shall be provided prior to first occupation of any of the units.
In order to give proper effect to the Board's intentions and without changing the substance of the decision, authority is delegated to the Head of Planning, in consultation with the Chairman (or in their absence the Vice Chairman) of the Strategic Planning Board, to correct any technical slip or omission in the wording of the resolution, between approval of the minutes and issue of the decision notice.
(During consideration of the application, Councillor R Moreton left the virtual meeting and therefore did not take part in the debate or vote on the application. Prior to consideration of the following application the virtual meeting was adjourned for a short break).