Venue: The Capesthorne Room - Town Hall, Macclesfield SK10 1EA. View directions
Contact: Helen Davies Tel: 01270 685705 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment of Chairman
To appoint a Chairman for the meeting.
RESOLVED: That Councillor David Edwardes be appointed as Chair.
Declarations of Interest
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in any item on the agenda and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest.
To consider the above application.
The Sub-Committee considered a report regarding a variation to a Premise Licence, under the Licensing Act 2003 in respect of, Congleton Snooker Club, Royle Street, Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 1HR together with objections and support.
The following attending the hearing and made representations with respect to the application:
· The Applicant;
· The Bar Manager; and
· One resident making relevant representation.
After a full hearing of the application and in accordance with the rules of
procedure, the Chairman of the Sub-Committee reported that after taking
· The Secretary of State’s Guidance under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003;
· Cheshire East Borough Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy; the four licensing objectives (namely the prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, the prevention of public nuisance, and the protection of children from harm) and the steps appropriate to promote them; and
· All the evidence, including the oral representations made at the meeting
· and the written representations of interested parties.
The following course of action had been agreed:
RESOLVED: That the application for a Premises Licence be GRANTED as outlined in the application with some modifications.
· Sale and supply of alcohol for consumption on the premises
· The provision of indoor sporting events
Monday to Sunday – 12.00 to 00.00
With the following modifications:
considerate regarding noise levels particularly at sensitive times in respect of nearby residential neighbours.
- Recordings are fit for their intended purpose.
- Good quality images are presented to the officer in a format that can be replayed on a
- The supervisor has an understanding of the equipment/training.
- Management records are kept,
- Maintenance agreements and records are maintained,
- Data Protection principles and signage are in place.