Venue: Virtual Meeting via Microsoft Teams. View directions
Contact: Helen Davies Tel: 01270 685705 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Meeting Recording
Appointment of Chairman
To appoint a Chairman for the meeting.
RESOLVED- That Councillor Mark Goldsmith be appointed as Chairman.
Declarations of Interest
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in any item on the agenda and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest.
To consider the above application.
The Sub-Committee considered a report regarding an application by Lee Wainwright for a premises licence under the Licensing Act 2003 in respect of Premises Licence at the Car Park & Beer Gardens at The Vale Inn, The Vale, 29-31 Adlington Road, Bollington, SK10 5JT together with objections and support.
The following attending the hearing and made representations with respect to the application:
· the Applicant; and
· 1 local resident objector.
After a full hearing of the application and in accordance with the rules of
procedure, the Chairman of the Sub-Committee reported that after taking account of:
· The Secretary of State’s Guidance under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003;
· Cheshire East Borough Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy;
· the four licensing objectives (namely the prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, the prevention of public nuisance, and the protection of children from harm) and the steps appropriate to promote them; and
· All the evidence, including the oral representations made at the meeting and the written representations of interested parties.
The following course of action had been agreed:
That the application for a Premises Licence be GRANTED as outlined in the application with the additional conditions:
· ‘The Premises Licence Holder must keep an incident logbook of complaints made pertaining to noise nuisance in which the DPS or other authorised officer must record the following information in respect of such complaints; the name and address of the complainant, a summary of the incident, the date and time it occurred and the steps taken to resolve it. The incident logbook or relevant entries from it must be made available for inspection to a Licensing Officer or Police Officer upon request within 72 hours’; and
· ‘The inside of washrooms on the Premises MUST NOT be visible from nearby residential property.’
The Licensing Act Sub-Committee granted the application but subject to the following modification of its operating schedule:
Sale and Supply of Alcohol
Monday to Sunday 12.00 to 21:30