Venue: Council Chamber, Municipal Buildings, Earle Street, Crewe CW1 2BJ. View directions
Contact: Rachel Graves Tel: 01270 686473 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Meeting audio recording
Apologies for Absence
To receive apologies for absence.
Apologies were received from Councillors P Butterill, D Marren and J Wray. Councillors S Edgar and J Nicholas attended as substitutes.
Declarations of Interest/Pre Determination
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
No declarations of interest were made.
To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 25 May 2022.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 25 May 2022 be approved subject to the following amendment:
Minute 6 – 22/1381N Corner of Edleston Road and Brook Street, Crewe.
Addition of wording “Councillor Steve Hogben, as a Ward Councillor, made a statement in relation to this application.”
A total period of 5 minutes is allocated for each of the planning applications for the following:
· Ward Councillors who are not members of the Planning Committee
· The relevant Town/Parish Council
A total period of 3 minutes is allocated for each of the planning applications for the following:
· Members who are not members of the planning committee and are not the Ward Member
The public speaking procedure was noted.
To consider the above planning application.
Consideration was given to the above application.
The following attended the meeting and spoke on the application:
Mr Pete Turner (Clerk to Crewe Town Council) and Mr Matt Peddle (applicant).
That for the reasons set out in the report, the application be APPROVED, subject to the following conditions:
1. Time (Standard)
2. Approved Plans
3. Boundary treatment to be submitted and approved
4. Dust management plan to be submitted and approved
5. Drainage to be submitted and approved
6. EVC provision
7. Piling to be submitted and approved
8. Sustainable travel pack to be submitted and approved
9. Land contamination to be submitted and approved
10. Nesting birds – timing of works
11. Ecological enhancement to be submitted and approved
12. Landscape including living wall and planter (details) to be submitted and approved.
13. Landscape (implementation)
14. Final design and details of all fenestration to be submitted and approved
15. Samples of facing and roofing materials to be submitted and approved
16. Details of all feature brickwork detailing to be submitted and approved
17. Details of parapet/coping, balconies and design of Edletston Road entrance to be submitted and approved
18. Details of feature glazed entrance/walling onto Brook Street to be submitted and approved.
19. Details of entrances and gate design to be submitted and approved
20. Levels to be submitted and approved
21. Details of bin storage
In the event of any changes being needed to the wording of the Committee’s decision (such as to delete, vary or add conditions/informatives/planning obligations or reasons for approval/refusal) prior to the decision being issued, the Head of Planning has delegated authority to do so in consultation with the Chair of the Southern Planning Committee, provided that the changes do not exceed the substantive nature of the Committee’s decision.
To consider the above application.
Consideration was given to the above application.
That the application be REFUSED for the following reasons:
The proposed development would result in the creation of a sub-standard level of living accommodation for the future occupiers of the HMO and would also harm amenity of neighbouring properties. In particular the very limited level of private amenity space would cause harm to amenity of future occupiers. This in turn would likely force future occupiers to spill out into the street for their outdoor space causing harm to amenity of neighbouring properties by increased noise and disturbance. The proposal would also result in the sandwiching of No.93 Hungerford Road between two HMOs which would cause harm to amenity of this property. Therefore the proposal would cumulatively have an unacceptable impact on the future occupiers amenity and that of neighbouring properties contrary to Policy BE.1 (Amenity) of the Crewe and Nantwich Local Plan, Policy SE1, SD1 (Sustainable Development in Cheshire East), SC3 (Health and Well-Being), SE12 (Pollution), Emerging Policy HOU4 (Houses in Multiple Occupation) of the Emerging SADPD, Houses in Multiple Occupation Supplementary Planning Document, The Cheshire East Design Guide (part 2 Page 95 para vi 22), The Development on Backland and Gardens SPD and the NPPF.
In order to give proper effect to the Committee`s intent and without changing the substance of its decision, authority is delegated to the Head of Planning (Regulation) in consultation with the Chair (or in their absence the Vice Chair) to correct any technical slip or omission in the resolution, before issue of the decision notice.