Venue: Council Chamber, Municipal Buildings, Earle Street, Crewe CW1 2BJ. View directions
Contact: Julie Zientek Democratic Services Officer
Note: To register to speak on an application please email Speakingatplanning@cheshireeast.gov.uk
Declarations of Interest/Pre Determination
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest.
To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 7 August 2019.
RESOLVED – That the minutes of the meeting held on 7 August 2019 be approved as a correct record subject to the placing on record of Councillor D Murphy’s apologies for the meeting.
To consider the above application.
Note: Councillor J Clowes (Ward Councillor), Parish Councillor C Knibbs (on behalf of Hatherton & Walgherton Parish Council), Mrs D Holland (objector) and Mr K Read (on behalf of the applicant) attended the meeting and addressed the Committee on this matter.
The Committee considered a report regarding the above planning application, a written update and an oral report of the site inspection.
(a) That, for the reasons set out in the report and the written update, authority be DELEGATED to the Head of Development Management to APPROVE the application, following consultation with the Chairman of Southern Planning Committee (or in his absence the Vice Chairman), subject to:
confirmation as to whether any hours of operation conditions have been attached to previous planning permissions on Laurels Farm and, if so, to consider whether an hours of operation condition should be imposed on this application
any hours of operation condition deemed necessary
the following conditions:
1. Time limit
2. Approved plans
4. Public Rights of Way scheme of management
5. Nesting birds survey
6. Feature for nesting birds
7. Landscaping scheme to include native species hedgerow along the building’s east boundary.
8. Landscaping scheme implementation
9. Landscaping management scheme
10. The cold store building to only be used for storage purposes ancillary to the operation of Laurel Farm
11. Details of how excess soil will be handled
12. Tree protection
13. Compliance with the FRA
14. Drainage strategy
15. Details of how the development will secure at least 10 per cent of its predicted energy requirements from decentralised and renewable or low carbon sources
16. Cycle storage (6 spaces) to be provided
(b) That, in order to give proper effect to the Committee’s intentions and without changing the substance of the decision, authority be delegated to the Head of Development Management, following consultation with the Chairman (or in his absence the Vice Chairman) of Southern Planning Committee, to correct any technical slip or omission in the wording of the resolution, before issue of the decision notice.