Venue: Council Chamber, Municipal Buildings, Earle Street, Crewe CW1 2BJ. View directions
Contact: Julie Zientek Democratic Services Officer
Note: To register to speak on an application please email Speakingatplanning@cheshireeast.gov.uk
Declarations of Interest/Pre Determination
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest.
To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 30 May 2018.
RESOLVED – That the minutes of the meeting held on 30 May 2018 be approved as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
17/2879N 12, Cemetery Road, Weston CW2 5LQ: The use of land for the stationing of caravans for residential purposes for one family gypsy pitch together with formation of hardstanding and ancillary utility/dayroom, and the retention of the existing permitted stables for M Stokes PDF 639 KB
To consider the above planning application.
Note: Councillor S Edgar read a representation from Councillor J Hammond (Ward Councillor), who was unable to attend the meeting.
Note: Councillor S Edgar (Neighbouring Ward Councillor), Parish Councillor J Cornell (on behalf of Weston and Basford Parish Council), Dr R Clifford-Ball (objector) and Mr N Green (on behalf of the applicant) attended the meeting and addressed the Committee on this matter.
The Committee considered a report regarding the above planning application, a written update and an oral report of the site inspection.
RESOLVED – That the application be DEFERRED for the following:
1. Evidence/demonstration that no suitable alternative locations are available as per Local Plan Policy PG5 and assessment of sites which are available (e.g. Wybunbury Lane site)
2. Confirmation from the fire brigade that they are prepared/able to access the site in an emergency given the limited width of the access
3. Evidence of the equine activity of the site/the applicant’s intention to use the site for the keeping of horses (eg how many horses do they have, where are they kept currently)
4. Details of how the mobile home will be constructed on site, how will materials fit on the site, where will delivery vehicles park given the limited access width
5. Full details of the proposed conditions
6. Conditions requested requiring occupancy to be limited to named family members only and for removal of existing rubble off the site entrance
Confirmation from Building Regulations that consent would be granted given the narrow access and potential to damage neighbouring properties