To consider the report on the Department for Education Delivering Better Value programme which Cheshire East Council joined in July 2022.
The committee received the report which provided an update on the Department for Education Delivering Better Value programme which Cheshire East Council joined in July 2022.
A request was made for the committee to receive detail on the implementation of the programme. Officers advised that behind both work streams there were detailed implementation plans which were currently being worked on in more detail and this would be shared as the programme moves forward.
A further request was made for the committee to receive updates on the financial implications of what was being achieved and what the challenges may be going forward. The Director of Education advised that the committee would receive this and that officers were currently looking at how best to measure this and share with committee.
That the Children and Families Committee:
1. Note that Cheshire East have been awarded £1 Million in the form of a grant - approved by DfE on 13 February 2023.
2. Note the profiled spend of the grant over a two-year period 2023-2024 and 2024-2025.
3. Note the workstreams identified during the DBV programme and the intended use of the grant as set out within the report.
4. Note that the next update to the DSG management plan will include DBV findings and opportunities and will be based on up-to-date SEN data and intelligence. This will be presented to the Children & Families Committee in September 2023.
5. Note that the Chief Executive, Executive Director of Children’s Services and the Section 151 Officer will raise the financial issues with the DfE and the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC).
6. Delegate to the Executive Director of Children’s Services authority to undertake any consultations deemed necessary to facilitate implementation.