Decision Maker: Adults and Health Committee
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To receive an update on the schemes and actions being deployed to address winter pressures.
The committee received a report that set out the schemes and actions which were being deployed through 2022-23 to address winter pressures.
It was reported that over the last few months there had been significant emerging pressures in the social care market. The committee heard how the adult social care winter plan would form part of the wider system winter plan. A breakdown of the adult social care winter schemes and activities for 2022/23 was provided which would help reduce demand and winter scenario planning and communications would support the work being undertaken. A dashboard would be created to monitor progress.
In respect of members comments and questions it was reported by officers that:
- All winter monies would be received into the Better Care Fund and additional winter monies would be allocated to various schemes.
- Following the impact on quality improvement visits due to the pandemic there would be more focus on care homes as part of the winter schemes.
- Two voluntary organisations had received funding for volunteers to help support discharge from hospital with tasks such as making sure homes were warm and safe.
It was requested that a list of the voluntary organisations be circulated to all members.
RESOLVED: (Unanimously) That:-
1. The wider system winter plan as noted in Appendix 1 & 2 of the report be noted.
2. The schemes/activities being deployed as part of the Adult Social Care Winter plan including winter scenario planning and communications be approved.
Publication date: 24/11/2022
Date of decision: 21/11/2022
Decided at meeting: 21/11/2022 - Adults and Health Committee
Effective from: 02/12/2022