Decision Maker: Scrutiny Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To receive a verbal update from the Executive Director of Adults, Health and Integration on the work of the Cheshire East Place Partnership Board including any implications for Scrutiny ahead of the Cheshire and Merseyside Integrated Care Board that will be established on the 1 April 2022.
Helen Charlesworth-May, Executive Director of Adults, Health and Integration attended the meeting and gave a presentation to the Committee on the current work of the Cheshire East Place Partnership Board. Following the presentation, there was the opportunity for the Committee to ask questions. There was discussion that included:
· The work of the Cheshire East Place Partnership Board being a consideration for this Committees Work Programme;
· The expectation for variation across Place given legislation was expected to be passed by the end of January 2022/beginning of February 2022, there was not a lot of time for implementation of Place. That being said there was no expectation that this will have detrimental impact on the delivery of services for residents;
· A review of the Cheshire/Merseyside footprint was planned for 2-years after implementation;
· what joint scrutiny might look like, acknowledging that scrutiny arrangements were unchanged by the legislation;
· Executives were currently meeting weekly because this was a significant development issue, any decision points would be for the Children and Policy Committees;
· It was noted that the scrutiny of the ICS was in a process of development both jointly and/or working sequentially;
· The CCG had consulted with its staff from the perspective of being a statutory reorganisation consultation; and
· It was noted that Yorkshire and Humber were further advanced with the same process because of mature voluntary partnerships, Cheshire and Merseyside were having conversations with officers in Yorkshire to understand lessons that had been learned.
That the Executive Director of Adults, Health and Integrationbe thanked for her attendance and presentation to the Committee; and
That the presentation be received and noted.
Report author: Brian Reed
Publication date: 04/02/2022
Date of decision: 06/12/2021
Decided at meeting: 06/12/2021 - Scrutiny Committee
Effective from: 08/12/2021