Purpose of committee
The Committee will be responsible for
- Hearing and determining appeals lodged under the Marriage Acts.
- Hearing and determining any appeals lodged with the Council for determination, as authorised under all relevant education legislation, excluding those duties falling to the Independent Appeals Panel (schools admissions and exclusions).
- Hearing and determining any appeals lodged with the Council in respect of school transport.
- Hearing and determining appeals from bus contractors in accordance with contract procedures.
- Hearing and determining any appeals lodged with the Council as Social Services Authority, and as authorised under all relevant social services legislation.
The membership of the sub committee will comprise 5 members drawn from a pool of 10 on a politically proportionate basis.
- Councillor Carolyn Andrew
- Councillor Irene Faseyi
- Councillor Martin Hardy
- Councillor Alift Harewood
- Councillor David Marren
- Councillor Brendan Murphy
- Councillor Michael Parsons
- Councillor Margaret Simon
- Councillor Gail Wait
- Councillor Paul Whiteley
Support officer: Julie Zientek. Democratic Services Officer
Phone: 01270 686466