11/1643N - Outline Application for the Erection of 650 Dwellings, a Public House, a Local Shop and Associated Infrastructure and Open Space Provision Together with the Demolition of the Former Cross Keys Public House, Land at Coppenhall East, Remer Street, Crewe for Taylor Wimpey UK Limited
- Meeting of Strategic Planning Board, Wednesday, 19th October, 2011 10.00 am (Item 64.)
- View the background to item 64.
To consider the above application.
(NB – During consideration of this application the meeting was adjourned for a short period due to a member of the public being unwell).
Consideration was given to the above application.
(Councillor P Martin, the Ward Councillor; Councillor D Newton, the Ward Councillor; Councillor D Flude, a Neighbouring Ward Councillor; Mr Poste, an objector; Mr Schumm, an objector; Ms Gordon-Preston, an objector; Mr Smith, the agent for the applicant attended the meeting and spoke in respect of the application).
That the application be approved subject to completion of Section 106 legal agreement securing:
1. Provision of 35% of the total units as affordable housing in
perpetuity, with the mix on Phase 1 being 10% 1 beds, 60% 2 beds
and 30% 3 beds, with 40% of these being flats and 60% being houses.
The tenure split of the units on all phases to be 65% social rent and
35% intermediate tenure. The mix of house types for phase 2 and
subsequent phases to be agreed as part of subsequent reserved
matters applications. Social Rented and Shared Ownership dwellings
to be transferred to a Registered Provider.
2. Provision of education contribution of £161,752.
3. Provision of highways contribution of £1,183,426 towards Remer
Street/ Middlewich Street, Sydney Road Bridge Widening, Crewe
Green Roundabout and public transport improvements.
4. Travel Plan contribution of £5000
5. Provision for public open space to serve the whole of the
development to be agreed with the Council when details of layout are
submitted for approval. This must secure the provision and future
management of children’s play areas and amenity greenspace.
Submitted details must include the location, grading, drainage,
layout, landscape, fencing, seeding and planting of the proposed
public open space, transfer to and future maintenance by a private
And the following conditions
1. Standard Outline
2. Submission of reserved matters
4. Air Quality assessment updates to be submitted with each reserved
5. Submission, approval and implementation of Construction
Environmental Management Plan (CEMP)
6. Submission, approval and implementation of Travel Plan
7. Submission, approval and implementation of contaminated land
preliminary risk assessment (PRA)
8. Submission, approval and implementation of contaminated land site
9. Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 assessment with reserved matters
10. Provision of 10% renewable energy on site unless it can be
demonstrated by the applicant, having regard to the type of
development involved and its design, that this is not feasible or viable..
11. Provision of detailed scheme of drainage
12. Reserved matters to make provision for allotment site (30 plots) within
13. Breeding bird survey to be carried out prior to commencement of any
works during nesting season
14. Provision of replacement hedgerows
15. Provision of detailed design and layout of the GCN mitigation area
16. retention of visually important trees
17. A scheme for the provision and implementation of a surface water
18. Management of overland flow
19. Provision and management of habitat creation
20. No discharge to Fowle Brook unless further information is provided to
prove that the SSSI will not be adversely affected
21. Retention of important hedges
22. Notwithstanding detail shown – no approval of indicative residential
23. Landscape design principles to be incorporated into final layout
24. Submission of landscape and ecological management plan
25. Submission of Arboricultural Impact Assessment
26. Submission of Arboricultural Method Statement
27. Submission of Comprehensive tree protection measures
28. A scheme for the provision and management of compensatory habitat
29. Each reserved matters application for commercial activities to be
accompanied by a noise impact assessment
30. Submission of Noise Mitigation Measures with each reserved matters
31. Submission of details of detailed lighting plan with each reserved
32. Submission of details of bin storage with each reserved matters
33. Submission of details of phasing / triggers for construction of access
and highway improvements. Works to be carried out in accordance with
the approved details.