Venue: Council Chamber - Town Hall, Macclesfield, SK10 1EA. View directions
Contact: Julie Zientek Democratic Services Officer
Appointment of Chairman
To appoint a Chairman for the meeting.
RESOLVED –That Councillor D Edwardes be appointed Chairman.
Declarations of Interest
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in any item on the agenda and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest.
To consider an application for a Premises Licence by Discover the Bluedot Ltd in respect of Telescope Field, Jodrell Bank Observatory, Bomish Lane, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK11 9DW.
The Sub-Committee considered a report regarding an application for a Premises Licence for Telescope Field, Jodrell Bank Observatory, Bomish Lane, Macclesfield, Cheshire.
The Licensing Team Leader reported that the applicant had proposed amendments to the application, and that the two representations objecting to the application had been withdrawn.
The following attended the hearing and made representations with respect to the application:
- two representatives of the applicant
After a full hearing of the application and in accordance with the rules of procedure, the Chairman of the Sub-Committee reported that, after taking account of:
· The Secretary of State’s Guidance under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003
· Cheshire East Borough Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy
· The four licensing objectives (namely the prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, the prevention of public nuisance, and the protection of children from harm)
· All the evidence, including the oral representations made at the meeting and the written representations of interested parties
the following course of action had been agreed:
(a) That the application for a premises licence be granted, subject to the following amendments proposed by the applicant:
The proposed curfews
The proposed curfew for
Friday morning is 03.00 hrs.