Venue: Council Chamber, Municipal Buildings, Earle Street, Crewe CW1 2BJ. View directions
Contact: Helen Davies Tel: 01270 685705 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment of Chairman
To appoint a Chairman for the meeting.
RESOLVED: That Councillor David Edwardes be appointed as Chairman
Declarations of Interest
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in any item on the agenda and for Members to declare if they have pre-determined any item on the agenda.
In the interests of openness and transparency, Councillor David Edwardes declared that he had received email correspondence in relation to the application, but he had not opened the emails and this did not predetermine him in any way.
To consider the above application.
The Sub-Committee considered a report for an application to review a Premises Licence under the section 34 of the Licensing Act 2003 in respect of Oddfellows Arms, 97 Welsh Row, Nantwich, CW5 5ET, together with objections and support.
The following attending the hearing and made representations with respect to the application:
a Solicitor for the Applicant; and
two Local Resident Objectors.
After a full hearing of the application and in accordance with the rules of procedure, the Chairman of the Sub-Committee reported that after taking account of:
· The Secretary of State’s Guidance under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003;
· Cheshire East Borough Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy;
· the four licensing objectives (namely the prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, the prevention of public nuisance, and the protection of children from harm) and the steps appropriate to promote them; and
· All the evidence, including the oral representations made at the meeting
· and the written representations of interested parties.
The Sub-Committee were unable to reach a decision on the day and reconvened via Microsoft Teams on the 3 March at 2pm to further discuss and determine the review of the Premises License.
The following course of action was agreed:
That following review, the existing Premises Licence be MODIFIED as follows:
The opening hours of the premises
Monday 11:00 to 00:00
Tuesday 11:00 to 00:00
Wednesday 11:00 to 00:00
Thursday 11:00 to 00:00
Friday 11:00 to 01:00
Saturday 11:00 to 01:00
Sunday 11:00 to 00:00
There is no change to the existing seasonal variation and non-standard timings.
Sale and supply of alcohol for consumption both on and off the premises only
1. No nuisance shall be caused by noise coming from the premises or by vibration transmitted through the structure of the premises.
2. Refuse such as bottles shall be disposed of from the premises at a time (i.e. between 08:00 and 20:00) when it is not likely to cause a disturbance to residents in the vicinity of the premises.
3. There shall be placed at all exits from the premises, in a place where they can be seen and easily read by the public (or member and their guests), notices requiring customers to leave the premises and the area quietly.
4. Children under the age of 16 shall not be permitted to remain on the premises after 21:00.
Annex 3 - Conditions attached after a hearing by the Licensing Authority there is added the following conditions: