Crewe Youth Zone
To receive an update on the progress of the Crewe Youth Zone project and the capital funding required to fully fund the development.
The committee received the report which provided an update on the progress of the Crewe Youth Zone project and the capital funding required to fully fund the development of the Crewe Youth Zone.
The committee requested to receive regular updates, including decisions made by other committees.
RESOLVED (by majority):
That the Children and Families Committee:
1. Approve the development of a Crewe Youth Zone in accordance with the final business plan.
2. Delegate authority to the Director of Governance and Compliance to enter into all necessary agreements to allow the project to be brought forward.
3. Delegate authority for any other decisions related to the delivery of the Crewe Youth Zone project to the Executive Director of Children’s Services in consultation with the Executive Director – Place.
4. Note that a separate report will be presented to Economy & Growth Committee, as necessary, to obtain formal approval to dispose of any areas of public open space within the development site following the public consultation exercise.
5. Note that a separate report will be presented to Highways and Transport Committee, as necessary, to obtain formal approval to remove Oak Street Car Park from the Consolidation Order 2015, following the public consultation exercise.
6. Note that further actions will be taken under existing Officer delegations to facilitate and support the project namely to:
- Subject to the successful completion of the process set out in 3.1.4 and 3.1.5, enter into an Agreement for Lease and Lease with Crewe Youth Zone Charity to make available Council land for 125 years at a peppercorn rent in order to develop a Crewe Youth Zone.
- Support OnSide with any actions to gain full Planning consent
- Instigate the statutory process for a variation order to Oak Street Car Park
- As land owner to instigate the statutory process for the disposal of public open space with the public consultation exercise
- As a land owner take all actions required to assist Onside to take forward the Stopping Up Order required for Cross Street (road that runs through Oak Street Car Park).