Venue: Committee Suite 1 & 2, Westfields, Middlewich Road, Sandbach CW11 1HZ. View directions
Contact: Paul Mountford Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Declarations of Interest
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests in any item on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest.
Public Speaking Time/Open Session
In accordance with Procedure Rules Nos.11 and 35 a period of 10 minutes is allocated for members of the public to address the meeting on any matter relevant to the work of the meeting. Individual members of the public may speak for up to 5 minutes but the Chairman or person presiding will decide how the period of time allocated for public speaking will be apportioned where there are a number of speakers. Members of the public are not required to give notice to use this facility. However, as a matter of courtesy, a period of 24 hours’ notice is encouraged.
Members of the public wishing to ask a question at the meeting should provide at least three clear working days’ notice in writing and should include the question with that notice. This will enable an informed answer to be given.
There were no members of the public present.
To consider a report on:
The Cabinet Member for Environment considered a report on
1. the adoption of legislation in respect of street naming and the approval of a policy in respect of street naming and numbering, including altering existing street names and numbers; and
2. the making of amendments to the Officer Delegations of the Strategic Director (Places & Organisational Capacity) in relation to traffic regulation orders, stopping up orders and street naming and numbering.
The Cabinet Member had at a previous meeting expressed the intention to adopt certain legislation in respect of street naming. Public notice had been given in accordance with Schedule 14 of the Local Government Act 1972 and therefore the Cabinet Member was now asked to adopt the legislation. The Cabinet Member was also requested to approve the Street Naming and Numbering Policy attached at Appendix A to the report together with the necessary charges. The policy would supersede any previous policy in respect of street naming and numbering.
The Cabinet Member was also asked to consider amendments to the delegations to the Strategic Director (Places & Organisational Capacity) as a result of the adoption of street naming legislation, and to remove the formal requirement for officers to consult the Cabinet Member in the making of certain decisions.
The Cabinet Member was not minded to approve the proposed changes to the scheme of delegation.
(1) the provisions of Sections 17 and 19 of the Public Health Act 1925 and section 21 of the Public Health Act Amendment Act 1907 shall be adopted and shall apply throughout the Borough of Cheshire East with effect from 2nd October 2012;
(2) the Street Naming and Numbering Policy at Appendix A to the report be approved; and
(3) the statutory charges relating to street naming and numbering as set out in the schedule to the Appendix be approved and the non-statutory charges as set out in the 20% column of the schedule be approved, but the figures be rounded as appropriate.