Agenda and minutes
Strategic Planning Board
Wednesday, 4th April, 2018 10.30 am
Venue: The Capesthorne Room - Town Hall, Macclesfield SK10 1EA. View directions
Contact: Sarah Baxter Democratic Services Officer
Link: Audio recording
Apologies for Absence
To receive any apologies for absence.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors J Hammond and J Macrae.
Declarations of Interest/Pre Determination
To provide an opportunity for Members and Officers to declare any disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests and for Members to declare if they have a pre-determination in respect of any item on the agenda.
In the interest of openness in respect of application 17/3605W, Councillor S Pochin declared that she knew one of the objectors speaking on the application by virtue of the fact that the speaker was her husband’s aunt, however she had not discussed the application with any member of her family including the speaker. Other members of her family lived near to the application site on New Platt Lane, however she had come to the meeting with an open mind and felt it was completely appropriate for her to consider the application.
In the interest of openness, in respect of application 17/3605W, Councillor L Smetham declared that she was acquainted with Sibelco as she had a quarry in her Ward and she attended liaison meetings.
In the interest of openness, in respect of application 17/3605W, Councillor L Wardlaw declared that she was acquainted with Sibelco as she had a quarry in her Ward and she attended liaison meetings.
It was noted that the majority of Members had received correspondence in respect of application 17/3605W.
A total period of 5 minutes is allocated for each of the planning applications for the following:
· Ward Councillors who are not members of the Strategic Planning Board
· The relevant Town/Parish Council
A period of 3 minutes is allocated for each of the planning applications for the following individuals/groups:
· Members who are not members of the Strategic Planning Board and are not the Ward Member
That the public speaking procedure be noted.
17/3605W-Silica sand extraction and associated development, mineral extraction by dredging, progressive restoration, mineral processing and despatch, Land at Rudheath Lodge, New Platt Lane, Cranage and Allostock, Cheshire for Mr M Hurley, Sibelco UK Ltd PDF 931 KB
To consider the above application.
Consideration was given to the above application.
(Councillor A Kolker, the Ward Councillor, Parish Councillor Mike Cohen, representing Cranage Parish Council, Gareth Woods, an objector, Mrs Jane Lanni, an objector, Nigel Hennerley, an objector and Michael Hurley, representing the applicant who attended the meeting and spoke in respect of the application).
Having considered the report, accompanying plans, update report and draft Consultation Response to Cheshire West & Chester Council, that, subject to the Secretary of State deciding not to call-in the application as a Departure from the Development Plan, planning permission be granted subject to the following conditions:-
1. Commencement & notification
2. Approved plans
3.Cessation of mineral working and restoration within 15 years of commencement
4. Hours of working
6. Soils handling
7. Depth of extraction
8. Phased working
9. Advance Landscape works and planting
10. Annual progress and review meeting and report
11. Noise limits
12. Noise management plan
13. Dust management plan
14. Archaeological mitigation strategy
15. Environmental protection scheme
16. Pollution prevention measures
17. Contaminated land scheme
18. Unexpected contamination
19. Lighting scheme
20. Surface water management plan
21. Drainage scheme
22. Drainage monitoring
23. Stability monitoring
24. Additional boreholes for stability monitoring
25. Protection of trees/vegetation
26. Plant and machinery
27. Site maintenance and emergency repairs
28. Progressive species surveys and mitigation proposals
29. Groundwater monitoring and mitigation
30. Storage of materials harmful to water quality
31. Liaison Committee
32. Provision of footpaths
33. Prior approval of a control of radio emission plan
34. Compliance with a bandwidth power emissions limit (using ITU –R P.452)
35. A scheme for a liaison forum between the operator, LPA and University of Manchester with annual meetings
36. Scheme for testing equipment and plant prior to operation
37. Scheme to secure mitigation measures
38. Scheme for monitoring radio emissions
39. Operator to implement the control of radio emissions plan at all times
40. Scheme of controls, mitigation and review for protection of Jodrell Bank Telescope
41. Submission of a Traffic Management Plan
The Board had no objection to the draft Consultation Response to Cheshire West and Chester Council appended to the update report.
In the event of any changes being needed to the wording of the Board’s decision (such as to delete, vary or add conditions/informatives/planning obligations or reasons for approval/refusal) prior to the decision being issued, the Head of Planning (Regulation) has delegated authority to do so in consultation with the Chairman of the Strategic Planning Board, provided that the changes do not exceed the substantive nature of the Board’s decision.
Should this application be the subject of an appeal, authority be delegated to the Head of Planning (Regulation) in consultation with the Chairman of the Strategic Planning Committee to enter into a planning agreement in accordance with the S106 Town and Country Planning Act to secure the Heads of Terms for a S106 Agreement.
WITHDRAWN FROM THE AGENDA BY OFFICERS-17/4277M-Outline application for the erection of up to 135 dwellings with access from Chelford Road and Whirley Road and associated open space, Land Between Chelford Road And Whirley Road, Chelford Road, Henbury for Frederic Robinson Ltd PDF 901 KB
To consider the above application.
This item was withdrawn by Officers from the agenda prior to the meeting.